Opinion: Democrats violating every standard of due process, and it will backfire

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
… but in lieu of the fact that Joe Biden is among the front-runners for the 2020 Democratic nomination, shouldn't such potential wrongdoing hold some significance?
Judging solely on the soundbite from that video, I think it should - at the least it warrants investigation since he is now running for office - especially seeing how it's basically the same offense his own party is trying to impeach Trump for. But that's just my opinion. My question is what the laws say - are there legal ramifications for such conduct, and what is the precedent, or even the procedure to review? What is the potential punishment outlined in the laws? Or is there essentially no law that has been broken, or is the penalty too weak to warrant spending time enforcing it against someone who is no longer in office?

On edit: this has me curious. Why, given what appears to be the similarity to what Dems are claiming about Trump to impeach him, are the Repubs not brutally shoving this back down the Democrats throats? Do the roots of this deception entangle both sides of the isle? I don't think it's any secret the Country Club Members of Bushwood did not and do not want Al Czervik meddling in their little oligarchy.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS IT IN A NUTSHELL 9. ITS A HE SAID SHE SAID SITUATION. IF TRUMP IS GUILTY, SO IS SNEAKY JOE. MUCH LIKE THE BLACKFACE COMMENT. JOE SAID HE WAS JUST KIDDING AND TRUMP WASNT? WTF!!! :Confused:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Judging solely on the soundbite from that video, I think it should - at the least it warrants investigation since he is now running for office - especially seeing how it's basically the same offense his own party is trying to impeach Trump for. But that's just my opinion. My question is what the laws say - are there legal ramifications for such conduct, and what is the precedent, or even the procedure to review? What is the potential punishment outlined in the laws? Or is there essentially no law that has been broken, or is the penalty too weak to warrant spending time enforcing it against someone who is no longer in office?

On edit: this has me curious. Why, given what appears to be the similarity to what Dems are claiming about Trump to impeach him, are the Repubs not brutally shoving this back down the Democrats throats? Do the roots of this deception entangle both sides of the isle? I don't think it's any secret the Country Club Members of Bushwood did not and do not want Al Czervik meddling in their little oligarchy.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Regardless, THERE IS NO WAY that any such violations -- legal or illegal -- rise to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DIDNT HEAR ALOT OF WHAT WAS SAID, BUT I DID HEAR SHIFF SAY "IF THIS ISNT AN IMPEACHABLE ACTION, I DONT KNOW WHAT IS". AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTED TO HEAR A REP SAY "GETTING A HUMMER FROM AN INTERN IN THE WHITEHOUSE IS".

I THINK THAT MAYBE A REASON THE REP'S DONT GO AFTER BIDEN FOR DOING THE SAME THING TRUMP DID AS FAR AS THE UKRANE THING. IF THEY GO AFTER BIDEN AND HE GETS CONVICTED FOR WHAT HE DID, GUESS WHO'S NEXT TO GO TO COURT?

bbfreeburn

Greg said "But the transcript shows otherwise." Greg sorry to burst your bubble but there is not transcript. The document to which you refer is a summary and clearly states so at the beginning. It's completeness is open to question given the source. rump won't release a full transcript for fear that people might actually read it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg said "But the transcript shows otherwise." Greg sorry to burst your bubble but there is not transcript. The document to which you refer is a summary and clearly states so at the beginning. It's completeness is open to question given the source. rump won't release a full transcript for fear that people might actually read it.
Thats not what the Communist News Network says.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I enjoy a bit of opposition. It keeps one thinking.
Dear Greg T:

I don't mind "a bit of opposition" at all. I consider bbfreeburn to be intelligent, whether I agree with his political viewpoints or not. What I DO MIND is "a LOT of opposition" that includes vitriol and personal attacks, a la toolguru (Long Gone Daddy).

bbfreeburn

" Full transcripts of depositions remain under lock and key, and the president’s counsel is not allowed to see it, much less be present at the deposition to cross-examine the witness."

Umm, those transcripts have been released. They were compiled in what is equivalent to a grand jury proceeding, a proceeding that DOES NOT EVER ALLOW THE ACCUSED"S COUNCIL. I believe that I once asked if you knew how a grand jury worked. I believe you claimed that you did. But your statement contradicts that.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
" Full transcripts of depositions remain under lock and key, and the president’s counsel is not allowed to see it, much less be present at the deposition to cross-examine the witness."

Umm, those transcripts have been released. They were compiled in what is equivalent to a grand jury proceeding, a proceeding that DOES NOT EVER ALLOW THE ACCUSED"S COUNCIL. I believe that I once asked if you knew how a grand jury worked. I believe you claimed that you did. But your statement contradicts that.
I'm not extremely familiar with a grand jury. What I am most interested in is tit for tat and due process. .. and the fact that some people (liberals) seem to think they are above the law. I don't get the fixation with trying to prove , via manufactured evidence, that Trump was doing the quid pro quo thing when the proof is out there that Biden actually did it. Well, that's not quite entirely true. I DO get it. I get that this is an attempt at a coup that actually started before the inauguration, and every time they fail they manufacture something new and start the process again. Fact is, They got nuttin. Never had nuttin, ain't gonna get nuttin. All they do is waste tax money and get nothing done. When you look at the great things being accomplished right now, and realize he's doing this with no help from congress it's amazing. Love the guy or hate him, he IS the most effective president in my lifetime. And the fact that democrats are still whining, runny nosed rugrats about it just shows their state of immaturity.