POINTS TO PONDER: PART 3

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ROBERT E LEE STATUE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM LEE PARK, AT A YET UNDISCLOSED COST. THE FIRST OF SEVERAL TO BE REMOVED.
CITY COUNCIL NOW WANTS TO ALSO CHANGE THE NAMES OF SCHOOLS, STREETS, BUILDINGS AND ANYTHING ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT ERA. SLAVE OWNERS AND SYMPATHIZERS INCLUDED. ALL AT A COST PROJECTED TO BE IN THE MILLIONS, OF TAXPAYER MONEY.
I DONT KNOW HOW FAR THIS HAS REACHED, BUT IN DALLAS A FEW MONTHS BACK, THE CITY COUNCIL SAID THERE WAS NO MONEY TO GIVE POLICE A RAISE. THERE HAVE BEEN OVER 600 OFFICERS LEAVE DALLAS FOR OTHER CITIES AND MORE ARE LEAVING. ONE OF THE LOCAL NEWS CHANNELS WAS INTERVIEWING PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP FOR THE REMOVAL. IT WAS ABOUT 50/50 ON THOUGHTS. BUT ONE MAN STOOD OUT. "HOW DO WE HAVE MILLIONS TO REMOVE AND CHANGE ALL THIS AND NOT HAVE MONEY TO PAY OUR POLICE?".
ONE CITY COUNCILMAN SAID "ANYTHING IN AMERICA THAT HAS TO DO WITH SLAVERY THAT STILL STANDS, SHOULD BE REMOVED.".
LOOK OUT AMERICA, COMING TO A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR YOU.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Anyone who documents that they are OPPOSED to removal of such statues should NOT have to pay for the removals; rather, the entire cost should be borne by those who DO favor the removals.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I want everyone alive today that has the same name as anyone who fought for the south to be forced into changing their name to one that is more acceptable. Regardless of whether the current name holder is a descendent of a slave, a slave owner, a yankee, or whatever they are. If their name matches one on the confederate army roster, they MUST change it! :confused:

livespive

hmmmm sounds like the no fly list???

I want everyone alive today that has the same name as anyone who fought for the south to be forced into changing their name to one that is more acceptable. Regardless of whether the current name holder is a descendent of a slave, a slave owner, a yankee, or whatever they are. If their name matches one on the confederate army roster, they MUST change it! :confused:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Sorry, I was talking about the OP.

I could have sworn someone posted this already.
Dear livespive:

I believe that WAMO did -- in his thread POINTS TO PONDER (part 1) -- say that Dallas officials had VOTED to remove the statue. This thread indicated that the statue HAS been removed.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY LIVE. AW GOT IT RIGHT. THEY WERE VOTING BEFORE AND IT TOOK PLACE YESTERDAY. AW WAS ALSO CORRECT IN THAT THOSE THAT WANT IT DOWN SHOULD PAY FOR IT IF IT IS VOTED TO BE REMOVED. AND 9 NAILED IT. ONCE IT STARTS WHERE DOES IT STOP?