Professor Fails Entire Class

MI2AZ

One reason was for class cheating but the university will not pursue cheating.

Another report on it.

I know the local college here has a good reputation. Have heard from a couple of sources that for a couple of classes, the students were asked what grade they thought they should receive upon course completion. Amazingly, they got those exact grades, no matter what they did or what their attendance record was.

born1

Read this earlier this week. If true, more power to him. Also read that he was a drunk too.

Robadat

"The report that all students in this class will be failed is not correct," Louchouarn, an associate provost with Texas A&M University, said in a statement. "Each student will receive an individual grade based upon work completed during the semester. There is no investigation of any class-wide cheating underway.
Looks like a lot of BS over nothing. I can understand the Prof. being aggravated by the class, but he overreacted. That threatening Email should not have been sent out. Each student should receive a grade based on his own work in the class. If the Prof had problems with a number of students in his class, EACH of the students should have been written an Email stating what the problem was with his work and behavior and what was necessary from him to pass the class.

bbfreeburn

Rob, I take exception to your statement. Any student caught cheating should automatically get a failing grade. If they were all cheating then they all fail. Now the mass email may well have been over the top, but the failing grade is justified. My wife sits on the university student conduct committee and has thrown a number of students out of the university for repeated attempts to cheat. Cheat once, get an F. Cheat twice, get thrown out of school.

Robadat

Rob, I take exception to your statement. Any student caught cheating should automatically get a failing grade. If they were all cheating then they all fail. Now the mass email may well have been over the top, but the failing grade is justified. My wife sits on the university student conduct committee and has thrown a number of students out of the university for repeated attempts to cheat. Cheat once, get an F. Cheat twice, get thrown out of school.
If caught cheating, then yes, the student should be given a failing grade. If all the students cheated they should all fail. If the Prof is accusing the entire class of cheating, he should have stated that as the reason for the class failing and given his reasons for his conclusion there was mass cheating going on in his Email to the class. He should have also notified the Admin that the cause for the entire class failing was due to cheating by all students in the class and laid out his proof so that the Admin could take appropriate actions.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Cheaters every one. They will all go on to be successful politicians no matter how hard this professor tries to make them respectable people.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm 10 years removed from College, but from what I'm hearing at the college I attended, students are getting difficult to deal with and many are being flat out lazy. I had professors that made a class difficult for the sake of difficulty, then scaling at the end where everyone ended up with basically a C in the class. Other professors would just flat out fail kids.