Public Education - Virtual Learning

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Anyone notice that high level dems did an about face on the whole schools thing? That now its ok?

I don't typically look at twitter since I don't have an account, but man oh man.

Teachers are worried that parents will be overhearing or listening to the classes.

And what is the problem with that exactly?

Teachers have come out on twitter saying parents are dangerous. That students need safe spaces to express themselves. WTF? That students shouldn't feel scared if they are transitioning. Or if they are gay. My favorite one is an educator, publicly stating that it is not the parent's right to make determinations on child transitioning. Oh really? What the ever loving fuck.

No wonder we have such a problem. Education is for a student to learn, not to express themselves. The role of the teacher is NOT to provide their opinions on how the world works or how they think the world should work. if a teacher is so worried about a parent overhearing the lecture, then they don't need to be teaching. And to be honest, teachers are getting away with this because many parents aren't involved in their child's education and this has been going on for years and has allowed teachers to instill whatever opinions they have on the child.

The only valid argument is if there is real parental abuse. And even at that, its not a teachers job, but a licensed professional.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
One subject that I haven't heard anyone comment on ...

In my opinion, if virtual, out-of-the-classroom education gains a foothold, it won't be long until TEACHERS WILL BE COMPLETELY ELIMINATED and replaced by robot instructors -- perhaps with educational content mandated and approved by government agencies.

Isn't that possible? Think about it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HASNT HOME SCHOOLING BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME?

WOUDNT ROBOTS BE PROGRAMED TO STAY IN THE CURRICULUM AND NOT OFFER OPINIONS?

WOULDNT HOME SCHOOLING STOP SCHOOL SHOOTNGS?
WOULDNT ROBOT TEACHERS BE BETTER AT PROTECTING STUDENTS DURING SCHOOL SHOOTINGS BY CHARGING THE GUNMAN? (NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF ROBOT IS BEING REFERENCED)

I HAVE A FEW FREINDS WHO ARE OR WERE TEACHERS. SOME HAVE LEFT THE FEILD BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF HOME SUPPORT FROM THE PARENTS. AND SOME HAVE LEFT FOR SAME REASONS BUT FROM SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS. AND SOME HAVE LEFT BECAUSE THEY CAN MAKE MORE MONEY ELESWHERE. AND SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ARE A JOKE, FOR THE MOST PART.

Scolai

As a teacher who is engaging in online instruction, I couldn't care less if parents tune in to my classes.

Me in my classroom:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Scolai,

I don't think many teachers care. I think that there are many that do care because they are worried about what they were able to teach or say compared to what they can now.

My father was a public school teacher and he got out in 2007 or 2008. He was retiring out, but he was glad he got out. Middle school teachers can't fail or hold back students going to highschool. They get to highschool and can barely read or write at a 5th grade level. One of his teacher friends stated that his students barely could use a ruler. Didn't know what a right angle or 45 degree was. This was trying to teach 11th graders basic wood shop. And now we have teachers encouraging white students that their skin color is bad. That their parents have no rights to their child's education.

My more controversial view is that many in the education system believe that school is a place for expression. That might be the case in college when children are adults, but I believe that school is a place for learning, not expression, especially during regular school hours. Afterschool clubs and sports are the place for expression, not the classroom or the halls of the school.

Why do most private schools require uniform? Because long ago educators realized that expression of what kids wear is and can be a distraction to kids learning.

Last edited: