Radical Zing! Hybrid Review

Maine Man

Radical Zing! Hybrid review
By: James Goulding III, Radical Regional Staff
Stats: Speed – 17.0; RPM – 335; AT – 20; AR – 65
Layout: 30 x 5” x 30 (no x-hole)

The Radical Zing! Hybrid is the latest in the Zing! Line. It features a new cover formulation combining the Forged 2 solid with the Forged 2 pearl. Zing! Hybrid has a bit more length and even more backend recovery, combining this strong match up with the hard hitting DynamiCore and you have a great addition to the original Zing! I chose the layout I did to get the ball to roll forward sooner, and transition quicker. I have used it on a couple of different patterns and here is my assessment:

42 ft. THS (typical house shot): The Zing! Hybrid has been a very strong ball for the house shot in two centers I frequent. What I love about this ball is that it chews through the oil, makes a defined move off the spot, but is still predictable enough to control from shot to shot. The one thing to avoid with the Zing! Hybrid is to get it into the friction too early, as this strong asymmetrical ball will roar from out there and won’t quit, and you could be looking at trouble. But, that aside, this ball is awesome. Very versatile to cover changes, I took mine form box finish, down to 1000 and back up to 3000 polished, and it responds to all of those very well. If you are seeing too much early hook, take the cover up to 4000, too much length, just sand it to 1000 or even 500, it takes to those changes extremely well! Do not be afraid to adjust the surface to your game, this ball can handle it!

39 ft. Don Carter pattern: I just rolled on this pattern last night and the Zing! Hybrid was the best ball in my bag by a wide margin. This pattern has been modified to have slightly less volume in the middle, so projection and speed control are key, and the Zing! Hybrid at 3000 was the perfect matchup. It rolled forward perfectly and hit heavy through the pins, carrying the off pocket hits extremely well. As the night progressed, I was able to move further inside and roll the ball off my hand, and it saw the friction consistently, making my moves easier and more trustworthy, resulting in higher scores and more confidence in the ball.

If you are looking for that in-between reaction from a high end asymmetrical ball, less early hook than the big solids but less length than the high end pearls, look no further than the Zing! Hybrid. Available now from Moore’s Pro Shop, and pro shops everywhere! Thank you for taking the time to read my review, and join the radical revolution today!