ROUND 2

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AFTER MY RANT A WEEK OR SO AGO, NOW I HEAR ON THE NEWS THAT ALOT OF POLITICIANS ARE GOING TO START THEIR 2020 RUNS NOW. CAMPAINING, ADS AND SO ON. AS IF THE TRUMP BASHING WASNT GETTING BAD ENOUGH, NOW IT WILL BE EVEN HARDER. THE MADNESS NEVER STOPS!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It's going to continue to grow until we can get some campaign finance laws passed. There is far too much corporate money being spewed at these campaigns. Everyone wants to own a politician now. I guess it's the trendy thing to do.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
It's going to continue to grow until we can get some campaign finance laws passed. There is far too much corporate money being spewed at these campaigns. Everyone wants to own a politician now. I guess it's the trendy thing to do.
I also think it's bullshit they spend half of their term working to get re-elected instead of focusing on the damn job they are voted in to do!

Agree wholeheartedly with campaign finance reform. IMO, ALL campaign contributions regardless of source should go into ONE giant fund that is divided equally amongst all candidates.

Actually, I'd like to see it limited regardless of the amount of funds used. Candidates each get $X for their campaign. If contributions exceed that cost, then 25% stays in the fund for future use with 75% being directed back into SS to help ensure funding is available for future retirees.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Put a line on all U.S. tax forms where you can donate to the campaign fund. General campaign fund, that is. Even corporate filings. Make a maximum allowable donation, let all the money go to a general fund. This money is to be used only after the primaries. Candidates should be responsible for raising their own finances for the primaries, and be limited to $1000.00 per donation source.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AGREE WITH 9 AND G 100%. BEING VOTED IN TO DO A CERTAIN JOB IS KEY. IF YOU DECIDE TO RUN FOR A HIGHER OFFICE, YOU FORFIET YOUR SEAT WHERE YOU ARE AND THE OPPOSING CANDIDATE GETS THAT SEAT AND YOUR OUT. AND IF YOU LOSE, YOU CANNOT GO BACK.