Sadly, the era of Internet bowling forums may be ending

AlwaysWrite

Unfortunately, Internet bowling forums seem to be headed toward extinction, so it really should come as no surprise that this forum is drawling less attention as time goes by.

I just took a look at two other forums that I (and most of you) took part in -- Bowling Ball Exchange (BBE) and ballreviews.com (BR) -- and both of them were virtually dead.

BBE is so bad that THERE HASN'T BEEN A SINGLE POST since Jan. 10, and only four threads have been utilized since New Year's Day.

As for BR, there were only 9 members on line, and I didn't recognize any of them. The only action at all was in the Miscellaneous forum (bowling-related only), and there were only three threads with any posts today. And none of the many other non-miscellaneous categories had any posts today. [By the way, one of the three active threads was started by former AB member MI2AZ.]

The once-thriving bowl.com and pba.com forums were dissolved several years ago, and the way things are going, all of the bowling forums will likely go by the wayside.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I pop into br once in a great while. There are a few names active there I recognize; MI2AZ, milo, pinbuster, are a few I recall seeing. And GTGT.

I visit bbe occasionally too. I think Revzilla used to be on br back in the day. There are a couple others I recognize, but not many.

The only thing I saw on br that was of interest is that I guess the USBC has decided to no longer allow balance holes after the 2019 season?

AlwaysWrite

I posted a few things on BBE in the last half of 2018, but the conversations died off enough so that until a few hours ago, I hadn't even looked at BBE in January.

As for BR, since I was banned two or three years ago, tonight was only the second or third time I've even looked at BR since then. And frankly, I've never missed it since I was banned, because that Miscellaneous forum (that they were forced to eliminate) had become a total joke, consisting of personal attacks, insults and trash-talking.

WAMO

Addicted Member
WISH THEY WOULD FIND THEIR WAY OVER HERE. I KNOW SOME DID, BUT DIDNT STAY. I DONT DO FACEBOOK, AND THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM I GO TO. I POSTED STUFF IN HERE BEFORE YOU GUYS CAME OVER, BUT NONE OF THE OLD GANG REPLIED. IT STARTED SLOWLY DROPPING OFF. I THINK I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON HERE FOR A YEAR OR 2 UNTIL YOU GUYS CAME ALONG. BUY ALAS, I GUESS ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END. BUT, MAYBE IT WONT.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
WAMO, Were you here back when Hose was talking about his dinky link and banging midgets? And everyone was giving Butch Cooper shit about his pink truck? There were a couple ladies (I forget their screen names) too. And a bunch of ornery fuckers keeping things stirred up.

I wasn't on here a lot then, but it was lively. But then, I think most of 'em personally knew each other too (or a lot of them did).

AlwaysWrite

WISH THEY WOULD FIND THEIR WAY OVER HERE. I KNOW SOME DID, BUT DIDNT STAY. I DONT DO FACEBOOK, AND THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM I GO TO. I POSTED STUFF IN HERE BEFORE YOU GUYS CAME OVER, BUT NONE OF THE OLD GANG REPLIED. IT STARTED SLOWLY DROPPING OFF. I THINK I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON HERE FOR A YEAR OR 2 UNTIL YOU GUYS CAME ALONG. BUY ALAS, I GUESS ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END. BUT, MAYBE IT WONT.
Dear WAMO:

You weren't the only one. I was here as a regular participant for several years before the rest came along, as you say. And of course, I interacted a lot with you and the "old gang."

Greg T.

The Jazz Singer
I tried repeatedly to bring people over from BR. A few came and stayed, some came and left, most would not even try. I can understand some of them being skeptical because of the way the BR forum went down, but I can't understand holding a grudge for that long. Some of the people I tried to contact over there still have me blocked. Others just didn't believe me when I told them we're starting fresh and the only real rule is no personal attacks. They just refuse to stop by. I have no idea why some came and left. Could it be they liked the chaos and were disappointed in here? I don't know. Spider Man was always a good guy. Disappeared about a year ago on both AB and BR. MI2AZ went off the deep end one day and started deleting all of his threads. When I stopped him he disappeared as well. JLS just left. I've asked him to stop in now and then and he always says he will. Still, no JLS. I don't understand. If you guys can reach out to a few on BR it would be great.

WAMO

Addicted Member
YES I WAS 9. I GOT TO MEET ALOT OF THEM AT TOURNAMENTS. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, DINKY LINKS ARE A REAL PRODUCT! I EVEN MET BOSS MAN TONY AT A BALLARD VS THE BIG C TOURNY. WHEN HE STILL LIVED IN HOUSTON.

AlwaysWrite

It's not a good indicator when MI2AZ is solidly No. 5 in all-time number of forum posts. After all, he's been gone for more than a year.

AlwaysWrite

Dear Djarum300 (and others):

That Reddit site -- as pertaining to bowling, at least -- doesn't appear to be the type of bowling discussion I'd be interested in. Many of the posts and topics are similar to this ...

* Anyone else battle sweaty hands?
* I scored exactly 100 at both bowling and golf
* How many balls do you carry?
* Bowling birthday parties
* My games tonight
* Posting my tournament scores
* Switched to 2-handed after taking bowling seriously
* Interested in what you think of my bowling form

* Great interaction with cheap bowling balls

Greg T.

The Jazz Singer
Dear Djarum300 (and others):

That Reddit site -- as pertaining to bowling, at least -- doesn't appear to be the type of bowling discussion I'd be interested in. Many of the posts and topics are similar to this ...

* Anyone else battle sweaty hands?
* I scored exactly 100 at both bowling and golf
* How many balls do you carry?
* Bowling birthday parties
* My games tonight
* Posting my tournament scores
* Switched to 2-handed after taking bowling seriously
* Interested in what you think of my bowling form

* Great interaction with cheap bowling balls

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Reddit was an adolescent social media forum. Never really looked at it.

AlwaysWrite

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Reddit was an adolescent social media forum. Never really looked at it.
Dear Greg T:

I'd never heard of Reddit before, but on first glance, it didn't look as if it would be something that would interest me greatly.