Sadly, the era of Internet bowling forums may be ending

livespive

Yeah some times I might wonder what angle some people are taking when they say what they say, everyone can say it. If you don’t like it you let them know, or you leave the discussion.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah some times I might wonder what angle some people are taking when they say what they say, everyone can say it. If you don’t like it you let them know, or you leave the discussion.
Some people just argue for the sake of arguing. Makes them feel tough or something. Sometimes I think it's because their wives are in charge and the only way they can feel like men is to be the tough guy on the interwebs.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Some people just argue for the sake of arguing. Makes them feel tough or something. Sometimes I think it's because their wives are in charge and the only way they can feel like men is to be the tough guy on the interwebs.
Oh yeah?! I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!!

Just as soon as I finish with the laundry and dishes... :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Arguing is one thing, but too many people (not here) are prone to thrive on personal attacks and insults!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

What reason(s) would they have to block you?
You must remember how big a prick I was over there. I alienated most of the crowd and kept close to very few. I was trying to prove a point to the admins but they weren't having it. Before I had the opportunity to explain to everyone, the powers that be cut the cord.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You must remember how big a prick I was over there. I alienated most of the crowd and kept close to very few. I was trying to prove a point to the admins but they weren't having it. Before I had the opportunity to explain to everyone, the powers that be cut the cord.
Dear Greg T:

When you say "cut the cord" … I assume you mean eliminating that Miscellaneous forum entirely. Surely, you weren't barred over there, were you?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

When you say "cut the cord" … I assume you mean eliminating that Miscellaneous forum entirely. Surely, you weren't barred over there, were you?
No, they didn't boot me. I pretty much had a free pass because I knew one of the mods. But he couldn't persuade the admins to let me try. They scrapped the entire forum.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

I don't think BR banned him, but nobody (or very few) will talk to him any more.

On edit: Greg beat me to it. I should say, many he reached out to won't reply.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I just took a quick look at ballreviews.com, and there are only 9 threads with any comments this week in the Miscellaneous (bowling related only) forum.

With regard to some of the other forums, the last posts were on: USBC forum (Feb. 11), Youth Bowling (March 28, 2017), PWBA (July 16, 2018), PBA (Feb. 12), Beginner's Board (Dec. 31, 2018), Bowling Videos (Aug. 21, 2018).

Things are hardly thriving over there.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't think BR banned him, but nobody (or very few) will talk to him any more.

On edit: Greg beat me to it. I should say, many he reached out to won't reply.
LOL, not only that. Some are still holding a grudge. I did contact a few that didn't have me blocked and I was greeted with sarcasm and smart assed remarks. Holy shit, it's been years!! Funny...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As for BBE, during the first 20 days of February, there have been only a TOTAL of 23 posts in a TOTAL of 8 threads. and that amounts to only 1.15 posts per day (in all threads combined).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
LOL, not only that. Some are still holding a grudge. I did contact a few that didn't have me blocked and I was greeted with sarcasm and smart assed remarks. Holy shit, it's been years!! Funny...
Dear Greg T:

Indeed. From personal experience -- in bowling forums and within my local association -- it seems that some people will carry personal grudges to the grave.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
As for BBE, during the first 20 days of February, there have been only a TOTAL of 23 posts in a TOTAL of 8 threads. and that amounts to only 1.15 posts per day (in all threads combined).
I still can't get the BBE page to load. Every time I navigate to the place it tells me the servers are busy and to try again later. After about 20 or more times I can load the page, but when I attempt to navigate the forum or make a post I get the busy server again. Been that way for years.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I still can't get the BBE page to load. Every time I navigate to the place it tells me the servers are busy and to try again later. After about 20 or more times I can load the page, but when I attempt to navigate the forum or make a post I get the busy server again. Been that way for years.
Dear Greg T:

I don't know about that. So far this year, I haven't even tried to log in. I just took a look at the site a few minutes ago, but I wasn't logged in (and don't plan to be anytime soon).

toolguru

Total Tool
BBE has turned into a Motiv site when it used to be a Lane#1 site. What's this site but a Hallmark card shop where most posts are wishing a celebrity a Happy Birthday? You worried about declining clicks for your lame political meanderings, Fishwrap? Start a blog online and see if you can attract readers on your own instead of having a bowling forum create your soapbox.
Sad to see that Brick passed away. He was a cool rocking daddy if ever there was one.