Sadly, the era of Internet bowling forums may be ending

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
And yet, here you are.
Dear Greg T:

Toolguru likely isn't too interested in ANY "bowling" forums lately because (1) this forum wouldn't be fun for him because of the moderation; and (2) there aren't enough participants to agitate in any of the other forums.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear toolguru:

You probably missed it because you haven't been around the forum lately, but I wished you a Happy Birthday in July, even though you're not a celebrity.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
BBE has turned into a Motiv site when it used to be a Lane#1 site. What's this site but a Hallmark card shop where most posts are wishing a celebrity a Happy Birthday? You worried about declining clicks for your lame political meanderings, Fishwrap? Start a blog online and see if you can attract readers on your own instead of having a bowling forum create your soapbox.
Sad to see that Brick passed away. He was a cool rocking daddy if ever there was one.
Well looky looky here. The POS that ruined ballreviews.com returns with the usual drivel. Don't you have some cyanide to drink?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
UPDATE on two other formerly-thriving forums ...

* BBE: Only 1 thread was posted in yesterday (March 10), and that was a thread started on Sept. 19, 2013, with no previous posts (until yesterday) since Jan. 31, 2014. And only one thread had any posts on each of the previous two days (March 8 and 9).

* BR: Only 1 thread received comments yesterday (March 10), and on March 9, only 1 thread had 3 comments, while on March 8, there was 1 thread with 1 comment.

There hasn't been a lot going on in this forum, either, but there is actually more participation here than in those other two once-thriving forums.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
BR killed itself and has no one else to blame. We could have kept it going. They refused.
Dear Greg T:

Indeed, that forum COULD have been great had the moderators been able -- or even made attempts -- to keep things (personal attacks, ultra-profanity, blatant lies about other posters, etc.) under control. But, alas, it wasn't to be.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IN YEARS PAST, THIS PLACE WAS BUSTLING. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE ONLY FORUM I COME TO. THE ONLY OTHER FORUM I WAS PART OF WAS THE PBA SOUTHWEST SITE. YEP, SHUT DOWN. I WOULD HATE TO SEE THIS GO DOWN AGAIN. :(

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IN YEARS PAST, THIS PLACE WAS BUSTLING. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE ONLY FORUM I COME TO. THE ONLY OTHER FORUM I WAS PART OF WAS THE PBA SOUTHWEST SITE. YEP, SHUT DOWN. I WOULD HATE TO SEE THIS GO DOWN AGAIN. :(
Well, they're dropping out of here like flies, too. I could name you about 10 or 12 people that came with us from BR that have disappeared over the last year or so.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

How well I remember the "bustling" days of this forum. You and I are the last two "survivors" from the good old days of this forum, and obviously, we recall the lively debates in many of the forum categories, including bowling and professional sports.

Greg has made a sincere effort to encourage participation here, but sad to say, the days of the Internet bowling discussion forums may be going the way of pinball machines and Top 40 radio.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, they're dropping out of here like flies, too. I could name you about 10 or 12 people that came with us from BR that have disappeared over the last year or so.
Dear Greg T:

I'd certainly like to think (and hope) that the "departures" aren't due to the fact that they only enjoy personal, heated (and sometimes hateful) discussions. But all such forums are either gone or in so-called death throes.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

I'd certainly like to think (and hope) that the "departures" aren't due to the fact that they only enjoy personal, heated (and sometimes hateful) discussions. But all such forums are either gone or in so-called death throes.
I think FB and Twitter are the main cause.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I DONT DO FB OR TWITTER. SO THIS IS IT FOR ME.
Dear WAMO:

I've never "tweeted" in my life, but I'm on Facebook a lot, and I post my viewpoints on other Internet sources.

I certainly give you credit for sticking around here, with virtually all of the old "AB crew" long departed, and further, I've always enjoyed your posts. Kindest personal regards, my forum friend.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear WAMO:

I've never "tweeted" in my life, but I'm on Facebook a lot, and I post my viewpoints on other Internet sources.

I certainly give you credit for sticking around here, with virtually all of the old "AB crew" long departed, and further, I've always enjoyed your posts. Kindest personal regards, my forum friend.
Are they gone, tho? I posted a bunch of jokes as a test the other day just to see how many views they get. Well, they're getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more views than we have active members in this forum. Apparently, there are a large number of lurkers who don't speak.