Sadly, the era of Internet bowling forums may be ending

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Are they gone, tho? I posted a bunch of jokes as a test the other day just to see how many views they get. Well, they're getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more views than we have active members in this forum. Apparently, there are a large number of lurkers who don't speak.
I wondered why you suddenly posted a shit ton of groaners. Now I know!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

I have a question: Are members of the public (non-forum members) able to read items in the "Bruce Is Funny" section and/or the "Off Ramp" section?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yes. Only members can see it here. I'm trying to do something about that, tho.
If I recall the original reason for restricting access, it was to keep the main forums "family friendly", and offramp access had to be both requested and approved so we could see the titty pics and curse at each other. I believe the concern was newcomers (or maybe advertisers?) might be put off by Titty Tuesday, or by reading stuff like my latest escapades in he barn.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
If I recall the original reason for restricting access, it was to keep the main forums "family friendly", and offramp access had to be both requested and approved so we could see the titty pics and curse at each other. I believe the concern was newcomers (or maybe advertisers?) might be put off by Titty Tuesday, or by reading stuff like my latest escapades in he barn.
Not sure. Don't remember. I'm gonna discuss it wit da boss man.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Bruce is clear. Off Ramp is not
Dear Greg T:

What I'm saying, however, is: What "lures" people to the "Bruce Is Funny" section in the first place? How did they run across the site? Apparently it isn't bowling-related, because the "Bowlers Lounge" section is rarely visited, and as you said, the "Off-Ramp" section is off-limits to non-members.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

What I'm saying, however, is: What "lures" people to the "Bruce Is Funny" section in the first place? How did they run across the site? Apparently it isn't bowling-related, because the "Bowlers Lounge" section is rarely visited, and as you said, the "Off-Ramp" section is off-limits to non-members.
Right. That's why I'm going to discuss with Tony the possibility of opening up Off-Ramp. The stipulation I propose is that lurkers without registration not be able to post.

toolguru

Total Tool
Dear Greg T:

I'm sure you could have done so. Cool Rockin Daddy, and several other instigators, led to that forum being predominantly personal attacks, vulgarity, false accusations (and even threats).

If you were to check all of my 5,000+ posts in this forum, you'll see how I would have posted on BR, but over there, I was constantly responding to hateful and personal attacks, false claims of such things as anti-Semitism, and false claims about what I had posted in other forums.

As for Cool Rockin Daddy, I never received credit for it, by I WAS THE ONE who prompted the BR moderators to ban CRD. The only problem from a personal standpoint is that I had to sacrifice myself (and get banned from the forum) in order to accomplish that, but I feel I did that forum a favor in that regard. But not long after CRD, brooksguru and I were gone, the moderators eliminated that "corrupted" Miscellaneous forum anyway. And except for two or three quick scans, I haven't been back to BR since.
You're a total clown. I had more personal discussons with the mods at BR about you and you're crocodile tears than anybody else here. They knew what you were up to 100%. So did the mod at BBE. You're your own worst enemy. You really are messed up if you think you somehow deserve credit for what went on at BR. Then again, that is definitely your style to try and garner glory from a bunch of anonymous internet users.

toolguru

Total Tool
And yet, here you are.
Yeah, here I am. Took me forever to remember my password to this place. I just stopped by to see if this thing was still up and running. Like I said, it appears to be an online Hallmark store to mark somebody dying and a forum for you and Herald to have an online love affair. Pretty funny, Greg. Have you told everybody that you're the moderator on here? I'm sure they would think that's a gas seeing as how you were one of the biggest instigators on BR.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, here I am. Took me forever to remember my password to this place. I just stopped by to see if this thing was still up and running. Like I said, it appears to be an online Hallmark store to mark somebody dying and a forum for you and Herald to have an online love affair. Pretty funny, Greg. Have you told everybody that you're the moderator on here? I'm sure they would think that's a gas seeing as how you were one of the biggest instigators on BR.
Yes, I'm sure everyone knows that I am the administrator of this site. And, as I stated earlier, I was in contact with BR admins at the time assuring them I could clean the place up. It was THEY who decided to cut their own throats and discontinue the non-bowling section. Now they suffer the consequences. Sux to be them.

Did you ever have the urge to, oh, I dunno, maybe join in a conversation without spewing anger, hatred and condescension? Maybe just talk about things and politely exchange thoughts and ideas? You know, it may just be me, but if I kept going into a bar and getting punched in the face, eventually I would learn to either make myself acceptable to the crowd or not enter the establishment.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
You're a total clown. I had more personal discussons with the mods at BR about you and you're crocodile tears than anybody else here. They knew what you were up to 100%. So did the mod at BBE. You're your own worst enemy. You really are messed up if you think you somehow deserve credit for what went on at BR. Then again, that is definitely your style to try and garner glory from a bunch of anonymous internet users.
Dear toolguru:

Believe what you want, but I can assure you that I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER with the BBE moderators, and I never have. As for BR, I stand by the comments I made earlier. Have a good day.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't recall, because I wasn't on the PBA forums very long before they were shut down (I had just learned they existed, then poof, they were gone)... seems there was quite a bit of squabbling and such there that caused its demise. Did the shit that went down at BR, was any of that carry over from the PBA site?