Sadly, the era of Internet bowling forums may be ending

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't recall, because I wasn't on the PBA forums very long before they were shut down (I had just learned they existed, then poof, they were gone)... seems there was quite a bit of squabbling and such there that caused its demise. Did the shit that went down at BR, was any of that carry over from the PBA site?
I wouldn't know anything about that because I was not part of the PBA site but I do you know that most of the problem on br stems from all those fake usernames that everyone was coming up with. The same ones that showed up here when we first moved over to this place.

toolguru

Total Tool
I don't recall, because I wasn't on the PBA forums very long before they were shut down (I had just learned they existed, then poof, they were gone)... seems there was quite a bit of squabbling and such there that caused its demise. Did the shit that went down at BR, was any of that carry over from the PBA site?
Nine, you are correct. It was yet another forum but I think it was the ABC web site though I’m not 100%. Bill Hersld started his usual junk over there, got himself banned, and in his desperate need for attention, hop-scotched to all bowling forums on the internet looking for clicks. Sad. It’s ancient history, it’s documented. Now, like Forrest Gump said, that’s all I have to say about that. Stay tuned for dozens of retorts from Bill Herald.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Nine, you are correct. It was yet another forum but I think it was the ABC web site though I’m not 100%. Bill Hersld started his usual junk over there, got himself banned, and in his desperate need for attention, hop-scotched to all bowling forums on the internet looking for clicks. Sad. It’s ancient history, it’s documented. Now, like Forrest Gump said, that’s all I have to say about that. Stay tuned for dozens of retorts from Bill Herald.
Dear toolguru:

Now, get this straight: I WAS NEVER BARRED FROM THE BOWL.COM FORUM, no matter how many times you care to repeat that FALSE INFORMATION.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Bowl.com was it. I don't recall much from there, other than the initial opinion that there was a lot of drama and bs going on. I remember I was surprised about that (the drama and fighting) being on what I thought was billed as a "Pro" forum. I didn't make but a handful of posts, if that many, before the plug was pulled on it.

To be honest, the multiple user ID's on BR were going on for a long time. Mostly for laughs and fun, at least at the beginning. It wasn't a problem, you know, until it became a problem. lol

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I LIKED THE PBA SITE, BECAUSE I KNEW MOST OF THE GUYS THAT GOT ON THERE. I THINK IT SHUT DOWN BECAUSE THE REGIONAL DIRECTORS WERE TRAVELING SO MUCH, THEY COULDNT MONITER IT PROPERLY. SOMETIMES GOT OUT OF HAND, BUT NOT TO BAD I DIDNT THINK.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I do remember when we came over here some of those fake users came with us. And the mods shut them down.
I also remember that some of those fake users tracked backed to one user.
And I will not give up any names, it a dead issue, everyone should just get over themselves, and move on.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I do remember when we came over here some of those fake users came with us. And the mods shut them down.
I also remember that some of those fake users tracked backed to one user.
And I will not give up any names, it a dead issue, everyone should just get over themselves, and move on.
Well, they tracked back to mostly three users, one was dominant and the other two were playing beside him. Since the "one" has been controlled, the other two have been on great behavior. No names will ever be given as I am considering it a done deal. It was a long time ago and is pretty much water under the bridge.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Well, they tracked back to mostly three users, one was dominant and the other two were playing beside him. Since the "one" has been controlled, the other two have been on great behavior. No names will ever be given as I am considering it a done deal. It was a long time ago and is pretty much water under the bridge.
Well... unless years from now it becomes politically convenient to use in a smear campaign! :eek::Roflmao: