Shoulder Injury

Have any of yall injured your shoulder before?

Mine has been hurting for about 3 weeks now. Apparently there is a muscle at the base of the neck that is connected to somewhere around the shoulder blade. When I look up, it hurts. All underneath my shoulder blade hurts constantly, and soreness trickles down into my tricep a little bit. No tingling in the fingers or anything.

A few weeks ago, I bowled on a Saturday. Sunday was fine... no issues, no pain, nothing, and then on Monday my whole shoulder was killing me. I tried to bowl on Wednesday after it started to feel a little better (usually pains like that feel better when I stretch them out bowling), but I didnt have any strength. It didnt hurt worse the next day, but wasnt much better. I tried bowling again the next Wednesday, same thing. I bowled Travel Leauge the following Saturday (I kept bowling all this stuff because we were short team members) and same thing, no better no worse. Actually, it feels a little better the day after bowling, but then its back to the same thing 2 days later.

Chiropractor trip and an hour long massage didnt do the trick. SO, I took last Wednesday off. I finally went to a real doctor last Thursday. They injected lidocain into the trigger points in my shoulder and sent me home with pain pills and muscle relaxers. It didnt really help much, except for when the pills kick in. Yesterday wasnt much better than the previous 3 weeks, but today is the best day I've had since. Hopefully I'm over the hump.

Have any of yall had anything similar happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue, had an MRI done and it said I have a torn tendon in the shoulder. It's been going on for 2 years now Dr. does not want to repair it said it will eventually break and stop hurting. I am going to a different Dr. after the holidays. I can still bowl by taking Aleve and using Icy Hot on the shoulder the day after is when it hurts the most.

Luckily, mine doesnt hurt any worse during or after bowling. It actually feels a little better the next day after bowling. My doctor said it was a strained muscle, but that was just a quick diagnosis after describing the situation... with no tests or anything.

My main problem isnt the pain though... its not unbearable. Its just I had no strength to do what I usually do. I had to re-learn how to bowl with less ball speed and revs. BUT, yesterday and today have been my best days yet. Hopefully some pills and stretches will get me thru 3 games tonight without it hurting again.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD LUCK MICHAEL. I HAVNT HAD ARM OR SHOULDER ISSUES. JUST KNEE ISSUES. BUT IM FAT AND OLD, WHAT ELSE DO I EXPECT.

els3

If the pain comes from the upper-pec/lower neck region over to the front of the shoulder and then into the shoulder area, yes I have had that problem. I think mine was just a case of tendonitis or mild strain that stopped with a coupld of weeks of not bowling. Sounds like yours is move severe issue.