So... I'm doing this...

Scolai

47 years old, but I'm not too old to play with the kids in the mud.

Wish me luck. Not because of the course, but because my team consists of my wife (a certified badass); a coworker (who is more muscular than I am); and a HS classmate who is in her early 50's, is Crossfit certified, and has already finished 2 races.

I've got to keep up with them. :Unsure:o_O

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I have a friend who has done something similar. He said the obstacles were fun, it was just all the running between them that sucked!

Good luck!

Scolai

The good news is that the race isn't until April. I'm not much of a runner at 47 years of age, but I'm not in such a bad way that the running is going to be a problem. I run 3 mornings a week and do Spartan workouts 3-4X/wk in addition to my karate training. The Spartan race is really just a goal to make sure I'm physically ready for my Sandan (3rd-degree black belt) test later this/early next year.

At my age, anything more than sitting on my ass all day is a step in the right direction. :Frown:

Robadat

Good Luck to you Scolai. My niece has done a few of these races and loves it. But she also runs marathons.
Me, not so much. Used to be a pretty good sprinter, but hated running anything more than a quarter mile or so...

Scolai

Here is one of my training partners. This is Sandy. She comes in at a hefty 40 lbs. I took her for a 1.5 mile walk last weekend and then carried her up and down stadium bleachers in between laps on the track early this week. We will be walking about 3 miles together tonight.

Though she be small, she is heavy.

Scolai

DUDE! YOU SURE THAT AINT A COUPLA BRICKS OF WEED!? THROWING THE COPS OFF BY PRETENDING TO TRAIN. GOOD ONE MAN! :Thumbsup:
I considered this problem and have since decided to re-wrap the sandbag with Spartan colors - red & black.

We did get some strange looks the other day when walking around the neighborhood. ;):Cool::D