So my day yesterday...

Scolai

My day yesterday started with the news that one of my training partners, a martial artist with whom I tested for black belt rank in 2012 (he for 2nd-degree, I for 1st-degree), died suddenly and unexpectedly. In the years since, we have spent hours on the mat together in various training seminars. To have him stolen from us so abruptly was a shock at 7:50 AM. Then, to top our day off, we ended up in a rear-end accident. People are fine, car is screwed up but not totaled, but April 17 was kind of a shit day.

Live life to the fullest, folks. You never know...

L to R: Mr. Duke (4th Degree), Mr. Matthews (3rd Degree), Me, Mr. Hadder (4th Degree), and Daniel (2nd Degree and my older son)

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad nobody was injured in the accident. Like you say, try not to take anything for granted... tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sometimes those fucking days just happen, man. Sorry you have to go thru this, and hope you get thru it well.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR COMRADE SCOLAI. GOOD TO HEAR NOONE WAS INJURED IN ACCIDENT THOUGH. SOMETIMES ALL WE CAN DO IS CARRY ON. NO MATER HOW LONG IT IS, LIFE IS TO SHORT.

Scolai

Thanks, guys. We pay our final respects to Matthews Sensei next week. Also, the insurance adjuster showed up today to look at the car. We'll get it back together in time.

livespive

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
Think of the good times that you have shared with all in both cases, live.

Thanks, guys. We pay our final respects to Matthews Sensei next week. Also, the insurance adjuster showed up today to look at the car. We'll get it back together in time.