Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Tackles Issue of Race

Spider

So Schultz wants baristas to discuss race with patrons... All well and good until you see he has no stores in Ferguson or Selma! I bet that burned out Autozone land can be had cheap in Ferguson, Howard. You first, bro...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah, because such a discussion can take place in the 60 seconds it takes to get your coffee... and nobody else will mind if your conversation, or fight, holds up the line.

Spider

As of Sunday, baristas are no longer writing the words "Race Together" on customer's cups. Too much negativity. :Cautious:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
At least he wants to open a dialogue. Just read that the old "No blacks served here" or "No Blacks Allowed" signs are coming back. Of course, they will be modernized to include gays, people of different denominations, and of course, the race of choice. The thinking is by taking this GIANT step backward in respect for our fellow humans, shopkeepers don't have to feel bad about turning people they don't want to serve due to religious beliefs or prejudices and would be customers can choose another shop if the sign offends them. I weep for humanity and our society.
I read about some form of "Whites Only" stickers showing up on businesses in Austin. Funny thing, it wasn't the establishments that put them up...