State's attorney Lied

JLS

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/98-1036.ZO.html

Interesting read. So, apparently, when confronted by cops, it is legal to go about one's business and ignore them. Running, unprovoked, is enough for reasonable suspicion.

" Such a holding is entirely consistent with our decision in Florida v. Royer, 460 U.S. 491 (1983), where we held that when an officer, without reasonable suspicion or probable cause, approaches an individual, the individual has a right to ignore the police and go about his business. Id., at 498. And any “refusal to cooperate, without more, does not furnish the minimal level of objective justification needed for a detention or seizure.” Florida v. Bostick,
501 U.S. 429, 437 (1991). But unprovoked flight is simply not a mere refusal to cooperate. Flight, by its very nature, is not “going about one’s business”; in fact, it is just the opposite. Allowing officers confronted with such flight to stop the fugitive and investigate further is quite consistent with the individual’s right to go about his business
or to stay put and remain silent in the face of police
questioning."

MAYBE YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS UP WITH THE DA...

YOU KNOW...THE ONE THAT WENT TO LAW SCHOOL...

THE ONE THAT FILED CHARGES...

JLS

"
"More: State's attorney says there is probable cause to file charges in death of Freddie Gray as he was arrested 'illegally"

ROBBY...here is a link listed all the charges filed by the DA...
http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2015/05/01/photo-a-list-of-the-charges-filed-against-6-balti/

Robby boy....here is a quote from the link...it clearly says that the DA said that he was arrested ILLEGALLY...

PLEASE NOTE....THE DA SAID THAT....NOT JLS...

Now

go fuxxcking Rant on this...

and as always

you fuxxcking beat all....

you and your CJC buddy Greg...

still clear

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear JLS:

Just because a prosecutor -- any prosecutor -- says that an arrest (or anything) is illegal doesn't ACTUALLY make it illegal ... UNLESS it is found to be illegal AFTER the full judicial process has run its course.

Surely, you agree with that ... or DO YOU?

JLS

That's just jls being jls, nobody understands him when he's ranting...

The arrest wasn't "illegal", in that every arrest is reviewed by prosecutors and if the prosecutor determines the arrest was "proper", they proceed with charging the arrestee with appropriate charges for the crime(s) the arrestee is alleged to have committed. If the prosecutor determines the arrest was not proper, they will void the arrest and release the arrestee if there are no other reasons to hold him.

Running from the cops is not an arrestable offense in and of itself, what it does is gives the cop a reasonable suspicion and allows them to stop and question you. Once a cop does stop you to question you, he is permitted to do a patdown to see if you have a concealed weapon for his own safety. The cops in Baltimore arrested Gray after having found the knife under the mistaken belief that the knife was illegal to carry.

The reasoning for the prosecutor saying the officers had no probable cause to arrest Gray was because the knife found wasn't illegal to carry. However, being on probation, the carrying of any weapon might be a violation of his probation.

Under normal conditions, all these things are sorted out once an arrestee gets to Central Booking, in Gray's case that didn't happen due to his tranfer to the hospital.

WRONG AGAIN ROBBY BOY....

READ THE DAM LINK...THIS IS WHAT THE DA SAID...

http://www.breakingnews.com/item/2015/05/01/photo-a-list-of-the-charges-filed-against-6-balti/

NOW LETS ALL COUNT TO TEN...AND WAIT FOR ROBBY BOYS REPLY WHERE HE WILL ONCE AGAIN TWIST AND TURN THE FACTS...and tell us all...it wasn't illegal...

Now who do we believe... The DA...who went to LAW SCHOOL...at either Yale or Harvard I believe she said...or Robby and his boy toy Greg...

OH AND AS USUAL

rant on this

JLS

Dear JLS:

Just because a prosecutor -- any prosecutor -- says that an arrest (or anything) is illegal doesn't ACTUALLY make it illegal ... UNLESS it is found to be illegal AFTER the full judicial process has run its course.

Surely, you agree with that ... or DO YOU?

YES....I DO....MAY I REMIND YOU THAT FLORIDA LET CASEY ANTHONY GO FREE...

I CLEARLY SAID THE DA CHARGED...NEVER SAID THEY WERE CONVICTED...

NOW ...IMO...I DO BELIEVE THE POLICE WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR FREDDIE GRAY'S DEATH...

I ALSO STATED...I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY WILL GET CONVICTED ON ALL CHARGES...

bottom line...Freddie was known by the police for doing illegal acts...

BUT...they did not carry the death penalty...and he MAY HAVE died as a result of their actions...

WHICH IS WHY THE DA FILED CHARGES...

Now of course Greg would be against that...because Freddie was BLACK...

And Rob is a NYPD officer...and police do not like police being charged by the DA's...

JLS

Alwaysright....I don't know if you know the history here...

I felt Greg's IDOL....fat boy Zimmy....killed Martin....after he profiled and stalked him for wearing a hoodie...and being Black...

So since Freddie was black...and more than likely owned a hoodie...

I'm sure Greg was not fond of him...therefore he would be upset that 6 officers were charged for killing
a Black man with a record...

And that is why this is going on...

JLS believes all people should be treated fairly...And some...feel that if you BLACK and wear a hoodie...who gives a fuxxck if the police or fat boy zimmy kill you...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Was the arrest only unlawfull because it was a pocket knife instead of a switchblade? There's a difference between suspicion to stop and investigate and probable cause to arrest.

Also note, that the knife involve was "spring assisted". Spring assisted knives differ from switchblades in that it does require some amount of force to open (SOG flash for example) where a switchblade only requires a push of a button without any manual opening action of the blade itself.

MD LAW:(1) a knife or penknife having a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.

Now, if I'm a police officer, how the hell am I suppose to know the difference? The word SPRING is there. I quit carrying spring assisted knives myself for the very reason above. In most jurisdictions spring assisted knives are OK, but not everywhere, AND the fact that laws are poorly written in regards to them.

Also,

"When an officer makes an arrest based on an articulable statement of probable cause, that arrest becomes illegal only if the officer knew or reasonably should have known that no crime had, in fact, been committed.

In short, police are entitled to make reasonable mistakes, and such a reasonable mistake does not make the arrest illegal."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/05/freddie-grays-knife-why-is-prosecutor-claiming-unlawful-arrest/

Now, is it possible that there was police neglect here? Probably. Was Freddie tied down properly in the Van? Maybe not. Did the officers try to get medical help ASAP? Probably not.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION, SO I MAY BE WAY OFF BASE. WAS HE ON PAROLE OR PROBATION? I KNOW FROM PAST EXPERIENCE, IF EITHER OF THOSE ARE TRUE, HE DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS A NON CONVICTED INDIVIDUAL.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND I THINK I WOULD HOLD OFF ON THAT DIRTY COP STATEMENT. IF THEY WERE DIRTY, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN DRUGS INVOLVED IN THE ARREST AND NOT SOME POCKET KNIFE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
AND I THINK I WOULD HOLD OFF ON THAT DIRTY COP STATEMENT. IF THEY WERE DIRTY, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN DRUGS INVOLVED IN THE ARREST AND NOT SOME POCKET KNIFE.
Dear WAMO:

If you are referring to my use of the phrase "dirty cops" ... it is only in reference to (or repeating the) words of JLS. I don't automatically have an opinion that the involved cops are "dirty."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Once again jls isn't listening to me. Don't know how many times I need to embarrass him before he learns his lesson. Maybe I'll use something he'll notice.

THE DA FILED CHARGES FOR CROWD CONTROL PURPOSES ONLY. IT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY COULD STOP THE RIDICULOUS LOOTING AND BURNING. HAD THEY NOT FILED CHARGES THE ONLY THINGS LEFT IN ANY OF THE STORES WOULD HAVE BEEN WORK BOOTS!!!!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Once again jls isn't listening to me. Don't know how many times I need to embarrass him before he learns his lesson. Maybe I'll use something he'll notice.

THE DA FILED CHARGES FOR CROWD CONTROL PURPOSES ONLY. IT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY COULD STOP THE RIDICULOUS LOOTING AND BURNING. HAD THEY NOT FILED CHARGES THE ONLY THINGS LEFT IN ANY OF THE STORES WOULD HAVE BEEN WORK BOOTS!!!!
Yep. :Thumbsup:

Robadat

Nice post, Dj.
I agree, these charges are POLITICAL and Mob Rule based, not on the law.
I can see bringing manslaughter charges due to negligence, but not murder. Murder implies an intention to kill, or cause serious physical injury. I just don't see that at this point.

As for the arrest, She can call it whatever the hell she wants. It may have been an improper arrest, but I believe it was not illegal in that it is my opinion that the cops arrested him because they believed the knife was an illegal switchblade based on the definitions in Maryland and Baltimore law.
While Mosby said Friday that the officers had made an illegal arrest because a knife Gray was carrying was not a “switchblade,” a violation of state law, the police task force studied the knife and determined it was “spring-assisted,” which does violate a Baltimore code.
Now, if the prosecutor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the cops knew this was a legal knife to carry before arresting him, I reserve the right to re-evaluate my opinion. But when Police investigators are saying the knife is not legal in Baltimore, she has no case against the cops for that. She will not be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the cops knew or should have known this knife was legal.

JLS

GREG....This time I do agree with you...that was the smart thing to do...Why wait til Baltimore BURNS DOWN and then charge the 6 officers...If she was going to charge them anyway...Smart move doing it before the THUGS BURNT DOWN THE FUXXCKING CITY...

And one more thing mr SHORT PECKER...I did indeed say that I felt at least 2 of the officers should not have been charged...and I also said...I seriously doubt they will get convicted on all charges....

YOU COULD HAVE READ THIS IN SEVERAL THREADS HAD YOU HAD YOUR HEAD NOT UP ROB'S ASS...

Now pull your head out of his ass and come up for some fresh air....and wipe the brown crap pff your nose...

JLS

LOL LOL LOL. :Rolleyes:

Hey BOY.....go back and read all my post...Reading is a skill dip wad....you lack it BOY....

Just because I said IMO some of the police were responsible does not mean I think they will be convicted on
all charges...The DA here clearly OVERCHARGED...HOPING THAT SOME OFFICERS MIGHT FLIP...

IT'S A SHAME YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT AND HAVE LOWERED YOURSELF TO GREGGIE BOYS LEVEL...3RD GRADE

JLS

Nice post, Dj.
I can see bringing manslaughter charges due to negligence, but not murder. Murder implies an intention to kill, or cause serious physical injury. I just don't see that at this point.

As for the arrest, She can call it whatever the hell she wants. It may have been an improper arrest, but I believe it was not illegal in that it is my opinion that the cops arrested him because they believed the knife was an illegal switchblade based on the definitions in Maryland and Baltimore law. Now, if the prosecutor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the cops knew this was a legal knife to carry before arresting him, I reserve the right to re-evaluate my opinion. But when Police investigators are saying the knife is not legal in Baltimore, she has no case against the cops for that. She will not be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the cops knew or should have known this knife was legal.

Robby....A pocket knife and a switchblade are very different....A pocket knife is LEGAL IN MARYLAND...A TRAINED POLICE OFFICER SHOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE...

Note....At no time did Freddie pull the knife out and try to use it as a weapon...If he had...The police would certainly have had reason to arrest him...and maybe even shoot him...

They found the knife while searching him....he never tried to use it on them...

NOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR I AGREE WITH THE DA IS NOT THE QUESTION...SHE IS THE ELECTED DA...AND HER DECISION COUNTS...

KINDA SORTA LIKE WHEN THE STUPID BIAS DA OF S.I. SENT A BULL SHIXXT CASE TO THE GRAND JURY...KNOWING ALL ALONG THEY WOULD NEVER INDICT... THAT WAS HIS DECISION...

FUNNY....YOU HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THAT...

OH...PLEASE BEND OVER AND RELEASE GREGGIE BOYS HEAD FROM YOUR ASS...HE NEEDS SOME FRESH AIR...AND A PAPER TOWEL TO WIPE THE BROWN CRAP OFF HIS NOSE...

Instead of bashing the DA....you should be thanking her....because her actions against the officers just
may have SAVE BALTIMORE FROM BEING BURNT TO THE GROUND...

And for the zillionith time...I SERIOUSLY DOUBT ALL WILL BE CONVICTED ON ALL THE CHARGES...

IT'S CALLED OVER CHARGING...AND A TRAINED POLICE OFFICER LIKE YOURSELF KNOWS THAT...

The DA is hoping that someone flips...

NOW YOU AIN'T AS STUPID AS YOU TRY TO BE ON HERE...

YOU KNOW THAT...BUT YOU HAVE TO ACT THAT WAY TO AMUSE greggie boy...

that's really sad robby

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Nice post, Dj.

As for the arrest, She can call it whatever the hell she wants. It may have been an improper arrest, but I believe it was not illegal in that it is my opinion that the cops arrested him because they believed the knife was an illegal switchblade based on the definitions in Maryland and Baltimore law. Now, if the prosecutor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the cops knew this was a legal knife to carry before arresting him, I reserve the right to re-evaluate my opinion. But when Police investigators are saying the knife is not legal in Baltimore, she has no case against the cops for that. She will not be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the cops knew or should have known this knife was legal.
Mirrors my own thoughts. An illegal arrest implies that the cops were out to get him at whatever the costs, and I don't see that. I do see that they were negligent in transporting him and getting him proper medical help.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Robby....A pocket knife and a switchblade are very different....A pocket knife is LEGAL IN MARYLAND...A TRAINED POLICE OFFICER SHOULD KNOW THE DIFFERENCE...
It wasn't a standard pocket knife. It was a "spring assisted" pocket knife. In some jurisdictions, they are considered automatic knives, in others, they aren't. Automatic knives usually have button or lever that releases the knife. Spring assisted knives still require one to manually open the knife until a point where the spring kicks in and the spring opens the knife.