State's attorney Lied

Djarum300

Addicted Member
http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-information-241.html

Just for clarification, check out the page. Even has a demo of a spring assisted knives. Note also that the Federal law allows spring assisted knives. However, that doesn't mean state or local laws aren't stricter about the type of knives one can carry legally.

In a forum, from a few years back:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=66213

It appears even then that in the state of maryland spring assited knives were being treated as an illegal weapon.

Fundamentally, the MD law is poorly written, and I could see why police would think a spring assisted knife is a switchblade.

Last edited:

Robadat

jls,
Let's make this perfectly clear.

Senior Baltimore Police Investigators have already stated that they believe the knife in question is illegal under Baltimore City Code.

This statement, for all intents and purposes, disproves the DA's charge that the arrest was illegal in that the officers were reasonable and acting in good faith in believing the knife was illegal. There is no way in hell that the DA will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these officers knew or should have known the knife was legal to carry in Baltimore, which she will need to do in order to get a conviction for unlawful imprisonment.

JLS

jls,
Let's make this perfectly clear.

Senior Baltimore Police Investigators have already stated that they believe the knife in question is illegal under Baltimore City Code.

This statement, for all intents and purposes, disproves the DA's charge that the arrest was illegal in that the officers were reasonable and acting in good faith in believing the knife was illegal. There is no way in hell that the DA will be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these officers knew or should have known the knife was legal to carry in Baltimore, which she will need to do in order to get a conviction for unlawful imprisonment.

Bull Shixxt....Under the law of the State of Maryland...It's a pocket knife....

IF YOU OR THE BIAS POLICE OF BALTIMORE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT...TAKE IT UP WITH THE STATE OF MARYLAND....YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE LAW...

HOWEVER...I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU. I DOUBT SHE WILL GET A CONVICTION ON THAT...

LIKE I SAID...SHE DID A LOT OF OVER CHARGING...

IMO...the only charges that she may get a conviction on would be the ones filed for not properly securing
a prisoner in the van...

JLS

It wasn't a standard pocket knife. It was a "spring assisted" pocket knife. In some jurisdictions, they are considered automatic knives, in others, they aren't. Automatic knives usually have button or lever that releases the knife. Spring assisted knives still require one to manually open the knife until a point where the spring kicks in and the spring opens the knife.

ACCORDING TO THE DA...UNDER MARYLAND LAW...IT WAS A LEGAL POCKET KNIFE...

JLS

THAT JLS DUDE IS A HOOT! :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

REALLY NOW...WELL MAYBE WHEN YOU ARE POTTY TRAINED...YOU MIGHT HAVE THE BALLS TO POST A COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT...

BUT BY THEN...IT WILL BE YEARS OLD...

NOW FUXXCK OFF KID

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TOUCHE' REV!
AND I HAVE POSTED A COUPLA COMMENTS SIR (JLS). I JUST DONT HAVE TO WORK AS HARD TO DEFEND THE GOOD GUYS (POLICE) AS YOU HAVE TO WORK TO DEFEND THE BAD GUYS (CRIMINALS). YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE YOU ARE CORRECT IN YOUR BELIEF THAT THE COPS ARE BAD COPS, YOU ARE INCORRECT IN THAT THOUGHT. SO I FIND IT FUNNY, THATS ALL. NOW, EXCUSE ME, I HAVE TO GO POTTY.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Then why has the state prosecuted others for knives that open the same way? Sounds to me like the DA office selective prosecuting. Also, the DA isn't the one who decides, its a judge or jury that decides.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND GREG, IM KIND OF DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU. JLS SAYS I WAS RAISED TO YOUR THIRD GRADE LEVEL AND I GOT NO WELCOME FROM YOU. KIND OF INCENSED ABOUT THAT. AND HERE I THOUGHT WE WERE DECENT ACQUAINTANCES.
AND DJ WITH AN UPPER CUT. :rolleyes:

Robadat

But he wasn't charged by the cops for a violation under Maryland law, Gray was charged with a violation of a Baltimore City Ordinance for carrying a spring assisted knife. A knife that Senior Police Investigators believe is illegal under the City Code.

She needs to get her shit straight, as do you.

I'm going to laugh like hell at you when a Judge tosses these false arrest charges out.