Student With Mattress Makes Sex Video

Djarum300

Addicted Member
There are multiple stories here. I'll try to address some of it.

First, lets look at the rape accusations. Yes, the question came up about why she didn't go to the police immediately. Part of the problem with large universities is that in many cases the universities don't want things like this going to the police or the press. They try to handle it themselves and teach, and in some cases, indoctrinate the kids to do things their way. Cases like this go on across the country where rape allegations are made but never taken to the police or taken to the police too late. This is not necessarily about whether the rape took place or not, but the process the university wants students to go through to handle their own affairs. My own opinion on this is that it should be mandated for all universities that if an alleged crime is reported to them, that they call the police. If the police approach the accuser and the accuser refuses to cooperate or press charges, then its over. In many cases the universities fail to go to the police right away.

The second story here is that fact that its so difficult for women in many cases to go to trial. They have to re-live what they went through. In the college setting, it then even becomes easier to say that these women are just crying wolf, as in the case with this girl. Scolai's article is critical of the girl on this. If this girl did not make the protest as she did, would the author of that article be so critical? Probably not. The author criticizes the reason the girl is protesting by using her lack of cooperating as some sort of prop when in fact, many women would have a hard time giving details in a case like this. While I don't know if I buy what this girl is selling, I don't buy what that author is selling, period. The argument against this girl because she doesn't want to go through due processes is a fail. Its easy to armchair "due process" when someone doesn't agree with why someone is protesting. Does it hurt the accuser? Sure. Look at Jameis Winston. Whether or not he raped that girl while at FSU, he will carry those allegations for the rest of his life.

Now, getting to the question about what in the heck is this girl protesting? Probably lots of things I imagine. The way the university handled the situation. The university had a hearing, but like all universities, especially private, are looking to sweep things under the rug. Due process like the author mentions doesn't happen at a university hearing. Due process occurs in a court of law. Whether the girls rape was real or not, fundamentally, her protest sheds light on a corrupt university system, across all universities, in how they are dealing with rape and other violent crimes on their campus, including hazing and bullying.

My own point is this: We can discredit the messenger all we want, that doesn't mean the message is wrong or shouldn't be listened too.

I think in recent years there are two extremes. In the Duke case the officials were too quick to believe the accuser, and in the Winston case it appears officials really didn't do enough, whether Winston did it or not.