Talledega

Scolai

The only thing missing from this pile of steaming NASCAR dog shit is the fix that allowed Bubba to win Monday at Talladega.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The only thing missing from this pile of steaming NASCAR dog shit is the fix that allowed Bubba to win Monday at Talladega.
I was waiting for that. Especially after NASCAR said they'd let Bubba's team in the garage pre-race to be sure nothing was damaged. Figured that was code for "give him the plate with bigger openings".

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WALLACE AND HIS CREW SHOULD BE MADE TO APOLOGIZE TO AMERICA FOR THIS. AND HE SHOULD BE MADE TO PUSH EVERY OTHER NASCAR DRIVERS CAR TO THE FRONT BY HIMSELF. HE WAS ON HIS WAY OUT THE DOOR UNTIL THIS HAPPENED. HE SHOULD BE NOW FOR SURE.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
So even after FBI report came out he double downed again.

And remember, he supposedly never even saw it to begin with. I can give a pass on him being told wrong in the beginning and reacting to that info. But to double down when you have been shown the truth? Derp. :Confused:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND...I SAY AND...BUBBA WALLACE AND HIS CREW WERE AT TALLADEGA LAST YEAR AND THE "NOOSE'S" WERE THERE. BUT IT WAS NO PROBLEM THEN. AND HE IS DRIVING FOR RICHARD PETTY, WHO SAID IN 2015, "THIS CONFEDERATE FLAG THING IS JUST A PASSING FANCY. SOMETHING ELSE WILL COME ALONG AND THIS WILL BE FORGOTTEN." SO I GUESS BUBBA WALLACE IS AN UNCLE TOM. HE STILL CHOSE TO DRIVE FOR PETTY WHO STILL DOESNT CONDEMN THE DIPLAYING OF THE CONFEDERATE FLAG.

MAYBE MY THINKING ISNT CORRECT, BUT IF YOU ENTER A SPORT THAT IS FULL OF REDNECKS, WHY WOULD YOU BE SUPRISED WHEN THEY ACT LIKE REDNECKS. NASCAR WAS BUILT IN THE SOUTH FROM RUM RUNNERS WHOS FAMILIES WERE PART OF THE SOUTH SINCE DAY 1. IF YOU STICK YOUR HAND IN A FIRE, AND YEARS LATER CLAIM YOU GOT BURNED, WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Bubba is an opportunist. Grabbed the opportunity to drive for Petty when the moment arrived. Now he chooses to ride the race wave on someone else's coattails. I'd be wiling to bet that if Floyd, and the rest of this shit hadn't happened he wouldn't have noticed a thing.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Bubba is an opportunist. Grabbed the opportunity to drive for Petty when the moment arrived. Now he chooses to ride the race wave on someone else's coattails. I'd be wiling to bet that if Floyd, and the rest of this shit hadn't happened he wouldn't have noticed a thing.
I don't blame him for jumping at every opportunity to get a ride. And on the racism thing, I do wonder how much is genuinely him and how much is NASCAR PR thinking "you know, we have a guy that we can use for good publicity in all this..." Because it wasn't Bubba that found the noose - he never saw it, supposedly.

He IS in a difficult position... he's no Jeff Gordon on the track, doesn't have a daddy who was a popular driver and Champion, and isn't in equipment that is capable of winning. So if NASCAR comes to him amd says "You know, it would look good for the sport..."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't blame him for jumping at every opportunity to get a ride. And on the racism thing, I do wonder how much is genuinely him and how much is NASCAR PR thinking "you know, we have a guy that we can use for good publicity in all this..." Because it wasn't Bubba that found the noose - he never saw it, supposedly.

He IS in a difficult position... he's no Jeff Gordon on the track, doesn't have a daddy who was a popular driver and Champion, and isn't in equipment that is capable of winning. So if NASCAR comes to him amd says "You know, it would look good for the sport..."
You could be right. But if it were me, I'd have no part of that. Just knowing about the Smollett deal should be enough to turn him away from that. I mean, how much money would it take for someone to accept the fact that he's gonna look like a schmuck for the rest of his life?

Djarum300

Addicted Member

I didn't think he's in a difficult situation. He's paid to drive a car. It's like I have little empathy for any sports players bitching about the millions of dollars.