Talledega

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUBBA WAS ON HIS WAY OUT. PETTY HAS BEEN TALKING OF REPLACING HIM. HE HAS A RIDE THRU THIS YEAR ANYWAY. SO YEAH, OPPORTUNIST. THIS NOOSE NO NOOSE THING IS THE ONLY REASON HE GETS TO KEEP HIS JOB. NOT BECAUSE HE IS ANY GOOD AT RACING IN THE CUP SERIES.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You could be right. But if it were me, I'd have no part of that. Just knowing about the Smollett deal should be enough to turn him away from that. I mean, how much money would it take for someone to accept the fact that he's gonna look like a schmuck for the rest of his life?
Honestly, if the money is good enough I'd sign up to be a schmuck for life. Nobody will remember who I am or what I did in 5 years anyway as the media will be onto the next thing in a few weeks or less. Besides, I'll be living on my tropical island with supermodels tending to my every need so I won't care what anyone thinks anyway. ;):cool:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I didn't think he's in a difficult situation. He's paid to drive a car. It's like I have little empathy for any sports players bitching about the millions of dollars.
I'm not sure Bubba makes millions, but I doubt he's hurting for cash compared to me. I don't like it nor agree with the NASCAR's antics here, but putting myself in his shoes and what was going on around him prior to the floyd protests, I can see where he'd be reaching for any lifeline he can find to stay on the gravy train. If Petty kicks him out, where's he gonna go? Nowhere, most likely. His results just haven't been there, and he's had questionable moments with his behavior that got his sponsors some bad press (and one or two even dropped him).

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I'm not sure Bubba makes millions, but I doubt he's hurting for cash compared to me. I don't like it nor agree with the NASCAR's antics here, but putting myself in his shoes and what was going on around him prior to the floyd protests, I can see where he'd be reaching for any lifeline he can find to stay on the gravy train. If Petty kicks him out, where's he gonna go? Nowhere, most likely. His results just haven't been there, and he's had questionable moments with his behavior that got his sponsors some bad press (and one or two even dropped him).
It is a lose/lose for Petty. If he keeps Bub- his entire enterprise will be officially politicized. Bub has not really shown much potential as a driver. If he lets Bub go- he will be labeled a racist. Toxic situation.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Petty needs to shitcan Bubba, hire a piss&vinegar kid, and sprout the confederate flag on the roof of his car.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Petty needs to shitcan Bubba, hire a piss&vinegar kid, and sprout the confederate flag on the roof of his car.
Sorry, NASCAR don't allow people like Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt, Robby Gordon, or Jimmy Spencer any more. All have to be clean cut corporate spokespeople. The type of people that would make even Jeff Gordon puke.