Teens Prosecuted For Having Nude Photos Of Themselves

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I guess polaroids under the matress still have a use? I mean, isn't that what they did back in the 70's?

This has gotten ridiculous on two fronts.

First, prosecutors going after teenagers who send dirty pics of themselves to their girlfriend or boyfriend are ludicrous.

Secondly, I understand the nature of such "voyeurism" at that age. But parents in this day and age need to be on top of this crap. Too many kids are getting sex offender slapped on them because they have a nudey pic of themself or girlfriend/boyfriend. Parents need to nip that shit in the bud real quick.

MI2AZ

What needs to be done is apply the laws to the Adults who prey on kids, not the kids being kids (making mistakes or not having the maturity to realize the consequences of their actions).

I agree parents have to at least talk to their kids about this, but from my memory, most kids either won't listen or will forget. But the system is wrong for prosecuting kids on this (unless they are doing it for criminal reasons - money, blackmail, revenge, etc).

And what is with this double standard - charging the kids as adults but treating them as minor victims?

Good Times Good Times

Let's be honest, these are kids being punished based on the morality of the conservative authorities. The punishment includes 'a class on good decision making' which is probably just about following the teachings of the bible. They get to say they're standing up for good old fashioned Christian values.

Surely this can't just be a case of bad laws and two unlucky people slipping through the cracks, somewhere along the chain there had to be a monster who decided to go hard for these two poor kids and make their lives significantly harder/worse for having done nothing wrong. Large portions of the criminal justice system are staffed by people like this (the polite term is bureaucrat not monster).

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Only a lawyer politician could figure out a way to make someone commit crimes against themselves.

I guess this means I can sue myself for poor life decisions that have cost me money? But knowing me, I'd just file bankruptcy and never recover a dime from myself! :confused:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY 9, YOU SHOULD GO AFTER THE SHEEP THAT RAISED YOU. THEY OBVIOUSLY GAVE YOU THE MIND SET OF BAD DECISIONS. :Biggrin::Roflmao:

Robadat

The kids are old enough to give away their bodies, they should be old enough to give away a picture.
A kid sharing a pic of themself with others should not be a crime. However, if the recipient of that pic shares it with others, that should be criminal...