The "answer" to the "Why no bowling coverage?&quo

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
On Sept. 2, I wrote an "open letter" (in column form) to a local sports editor, asking questions about his elimination of bowling coverage. The link to that column ...

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-let...ing-coverage-go

Whereas he ignored the questions, I did receive a reply to the question ("Why does your newspaper no longer include coverage of the sport of bowling?") from executive editor Bill Church.

[begin Mr. Church's reply] The Herald-Tribune covers a large market and has an engaged, educated readership with many interests. Invariably we're not going to meet everyone's passions, but no other news and information company offers a better day-to-day assessment of key interests. [end Mr. Church's reply]

In reply to a follow-up question ("Why does the Herald-Tribune feel that sports such as golf and tennis -- especially the latter -- deserve full coverage, both locally and nationally (and with regular locally written columns), whereas bowling is ignored completely?") -- Mr. Church responded thusly, and I quote: "My original response to your question should suffice."

Any comments on Mr. Church's responses?

Last edited by a moderator:

boobrow

Unfortunately you can see his, as well as, many other peoples view is the bowling isn't a sport. Do I agree? No I don't but I would venture to say that many people on this forum, as well as many other forums, are not going to agree.

Last edited by a moderator: