The best reason to favor an end to the lockdown

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The best reason is ...

Most liberals, Democrats and Dr. Fauci don't want it to end anytime soon!
Democrats are relishing this. Pelosi on TV the other night was wallowing in pleasure. An actual SMILE on her face talking about the economy and death rate. Sickening motherfucker.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
… and if the fake-news lamestream media is in strong favor of something, it's probably be wise to be against it.

Scolai

Look at the benefits to them of drawing this lockdown bullshit out as long as possible:

1 - a more negatively impacted economy can be tied around Trump's neck like a noose for Democrats to hang him with.
2 - the longer we are disallowed from gathering in groups, the more likely it becomes that Democrats will call for an all mail-in election. As anyone with a brain knows, a mail-in election is a slam dunk for Democrats, who never met an easier way to defraud an election.
3 - with each new stimulus package for the dying economy, the Democrats are inserting more off-topic pork than we can quantify. In the most recent $3 trillion package, Democrats have stuffed in Planned Parenthood funding, election law changes, and funding to sanctuary cities among other pet projects.

Georgia is the poster child for the US's reopening process. To date, more than two weeks into their slow reopening, they have seen their LOWEST number of hospitalization cases. Other states - most with Republican governors - are in the process of reopening. The Democrats will be going balls to the wall to make it look like the reopening process is a complete catastrophe (which I'm already seeing here in NC). They have to, because if they are wrong and the opening goes rather smoothly without the predicted massive spike in cases/deaths, they will lose not only all of their pet project funding, but they can kiss their House majority, the Senate, and the White House goodbye in 2020.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Look at the benefits to them of drawing this lockdown bullshit out as long as possible:

1 - a more negatively impacted economy can be tied around Trump's neck like a noose for Democrats to hang him with.
2 - the longer we are disallowed from gathering in groups, the more likely it becomes that Democrats will call for an all mail-in election. As anyone with a brain knows, a mail-in election is a slam dunk for Democrats, who never met an easier way to defraud an election.
3 - with each new stimulus package for the dying economy, the Democrats are inserting more off-topic pork than we can quantify. In the most recent $3 trillion package, Democrats have stuffed in Planned Parenthood funding, election law changes, and funding to sanctuary cities among other pet projects.
Dear Scolai:

An excellent summation, and similar to what I might post in one of my mini-editorials!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Main benefit of prolonged lockdown? More people stay alive.
I disagree. The infection rate and death rate will settle and remain constant after a given time. Just like any other virus, eventually, everyone will get it and either survive by building antibodies or they will die. Good example is the flu. We have a flu season that bites us every year. Every year we lose about 30,000 people. Most people get it, survive, and go on with their lives. Others aren't so lucky. Covid will end up the same way, sitting in that little nest of nasties waiting to pounce at the regular time. But, the only way to level this off so the people can deal with it accordingly is to allow herd immunity. It works for the common cold, flu, and a multitude of other demons. The key is allowing everyone to be exposed so the population can build antibodies.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
FLU SEASON? COVID SEASON? IF THEY HIT AT THE SAME TIME, HOW MANY DEATHS THEN? AND IV NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE HAVING TO BE QUARANTIND FOR 14 DAYS FOR THE FLU. WHY DO PEOPLE DIE FROM THE FLU, IT FORMS A DIFFERENT STRAND THAT BECOMES IMMUNE TO THE VACCINES. COVID WILLDO THE SAME ONLY WORSE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
FLU SEASON? COVID SEASON? IF THEY HIT AT THE SAME TIME, HOW MANY DEATHS THEN? AND IV NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE HAVING TO BE QUARANTIND FOR 14 DAYS FOR THE FLU. WHY DO PEOPLE DIE FROM THE FLU, IT FORMS A DIFFERENT STRAND THAT BECOMES IMMUNE TO THE VACCINES. COVID WILLDO THE SAME ONLY WORSE.
Thanks for sharing your expertise, Dr. Wamo.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
On the bright side, if we can figure the economics of it all out, it WOULD be nice to have March - June (maybe July) off from work every year. The isolation bit sucks, but I if we can have 4 month off AND keep parks, beaches, lakes, campgrounds, etc. open then I could compromise by wearing a facemask while out and about on my yearly Covid Vacation. :p

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Main benefit of prolonged lockdown? More people stay alive.
Thats not necessarily true from a long term outlook. Suicides, heart attacks, and even starvation could add up over Covid deaths. What don't really know.

I'd love to hear a democrats solution to maintaining a lockdown while doing all of the following:

1. Not increase crushing federal debt
2. Reducing the value of goods and services by hyper inflation.

And I'm not talking "what ifs" from months ago. I'm taking about REAL viable solutions NOW that don't cause either 1 or 2. Because if 1 and 2 happen, we will lose lives for reasons outside o f Covid.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ANYTIME AW. JUST KEEP TROLLING ME. YOU WILL LEARN ALOT. I JUST HOPE SOME OF IT STICKS. CUZ ITS APPARENT YOU NEED THE HELP. :Thumbsup:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Thats not necessarily true from a long term outlook. Suicides, heart attacks, and even starvation could add up over Covid deaths. What don't really know.

I'd love to hear a democrats solution to maintaining a lockdown while doing all of the following:

1. Not increase crushing federal debt
2. Reducing the value of goods and services by hyper inflation.

And I'm not talking "what ifs" from months ago. I'm taking about REAL viable solutions NOW that don't cause either 1 or 2. Because if 1 and 2 happen, we will lose lives for reasons outside o f Covid.
I skimmed through an article last week in which doctors/hospitals warned of a potential wave of deaths from people with serious health conditions NOT going to the doctor/hospital and NOT taking their prescribed medicines because they either can't afford it due to job/insurance loss, or are scared to visit healthcare facilities due to Covid. Basically the potential wave will come in the form of people succumbing to untreated conditions (that could normally be managed).