The Coronavirus Truth

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

You make so much sense in your political posts that perhaps WAMO should read them twice.
Thanx, AW. You know, there should be a time in everyone's life when logic kicks in and makes one wake up. The older I get the harder it is for me to process all the ignorance out there. But what's worse is the stupidity. Ignorance is curable, but only IF the person is receptive to facts. That's not happening anymore. And that is stupidity.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Thanx, AW. You know, there should be a time in everyone's life when logic kicks in and makes one wake up. The older I get the harder it is for me to process all the ignorance out there. But what's worse is the stupidity. Ignorance is curable, but only IF the person is receptive to facts. That's not happening anymore. And that is stupidity.
Dear Greg T:

As you can imagine, at least 90 percent of my lamestream media friends -- and having been in newspaper journalism for a half-century, I have many such friends -- are liberals.

I consider most of them as having good levels of intelligence, but virtually all of them are no longer receptive to reporting the facts. All too often, they don't report with accuracy and proper journalistic standards, but even when they do report actual facts, they intermingle personal bias into their opinions and reporting.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

As you can imagine, at least 90 percent of my lamestream media friends -- and having been in newspaper journalism for a half-century, I have many such friends -- are liberals.

I consider most of them as having good levels of intelligence, but virtually all of them are no longer receptive to reporting the facts. All too often, they don't report with accuracy and proper journalistic standards, but even when they do report actual facts, they intermingle personal bias into their opinions and reporting.
I base my observation on experience, also. Just one example is a guy I grew up with. He's a 25 year military vet and then a college professor and head of the math and biology departments at Kankakee. I quit speaking to him and blocked him on FB about 3 years ago because he's fucking nuts. Absolutely no logic/common sense what so ever. Facts? He doesn't need any facts to get in the way of the truth! SMH...

REVerse °

Addicted Member
My cousin in Cleveland is a left leaning Dem. His wife is a Hillary super fan. While visiting in 2016- they backed the car in the driveway to hide the Hillary stickers from the highway.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
NOW 6 DEAD IN WASHINGTON STATE.
To put it in perspective... according to the CDC, regular flu has killed around 16,000 this flu season, and killed a little over 61,000 Americans last flu season.

So, the Corona virus is new and worth watching, but me thinks the world is over-reacting just a tad. Peoples immune systems will respond and become more resilient. Just like most other living organisms, as a whole we will evolve to cope with and survive as a species. Similarly, diseases will evolve to cope and survive our immunities as well. The cycle of life will continue on.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE WITH THAT 9. BUT THE FLU HAS BEEN ON OUR SOIL FOR A LONG TIME. THE CORONA IS JUST GETTING HERE. SO POSTING THOSE FIGURES MAY NOT BE IN PERSPECTIVE IN 6 MONTHS ONCE THE CORONA SPREADS. AND JUST LIKE THE REGULAR FLU, THE CORONA IS ATTACKING THE ALREADY WEAK. WHEN DO THE DEATHS BECOME A MATER OF CONCERN? OBVIOUSLY 61,000 FROM THE FLU MUST BE OK, BECAUSE ITS STILL KILLING PEOPLE. SO I GUESS ITS OK.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
330M PEOPLE IN THE U.S. - 61,000 FLU DEATHS
98 REPORTED CASES OF CORONA - 6 DEATHS
BY THE NUMBERS, CORONA IS WAY MORE DEADLY. BUT YEAH, THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT. BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING TO JUST ROLL YOUR EYES AT.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
BY THE NUMBERS, CORONA IS WAY MORE DEADLY. BUT YEAH, THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT. BUT ITS NOT SOMETHING TO JUST ROLL YOUR EYES AT.
Went back for more info... 43 million got sick last year, and 647,000 were hospitalized, with 61,000 deaths. So, 0.14% of those infected died. 13% of total population got the flu.

I've seen some numbers for the Coronavirus, but they are not reliable as they currently do not seem to know just how many people are/have been infected. Currently they show the death rate to be 2.3% of those infected. So yeah, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Also true about affecting those older/weaker. I'd like to see stats for both flu and coronavirus regarding how many died who had other major complications that had weakened their immune system prior to catching the flu.

Interesting that coronavirus doesn't tend to affect children/teens, although they can carry and spread it.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
So, the Corona virus is new and worth watching, but me thinks the world is over-reacting just a tad.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Just a tad? The American fake-news lamestream media is FAR PAST the "tad" stage -- in part to score "political points" in their ongoing hateful and biased quest to take down the president.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Please continue to keep us informed on what fake-news CNN and MSNBC has to say, along with how Trump is to blame for everything concerning the virus (and how everyone should panic because of it).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I AGREE WITH THAT 9. BUT THE FLU HAS BEEN ON OUR SOIL FOR A LONG TIME. THE CORONA IS JUST GETTING HERE. SO POSTING THOSE FIGURES MAY NOT BE IN PERSPECTIVE IN 6 MONTHS ONCE THE CORONA SPREADS. AND JUST LIKE THE REGULAR FLU, THE CORONA IS ATTACKING THE ALREADY WEAK. WHEN DO THE DEATHS BECOME A MATER OF CONCERN? OBVIOUSLY 61,000 FROM THE FLU MUST BE OK, BECAUSE ITS STILL KILLING PEOPLE. SO I GUESS ITS OK.
"Coronaviruses were first discovered in the 1960s. The earliest ones discovered were infectious bronchitis virus in chickens and two viruses from the nasal cavities of human patients with the common cold that were subsequently named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43. Other members of this family have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and SARS-CoV-2 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV) in 2019. Most of these have involved serious respiratory tract infections."

So, is it REALLY time to panic?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Part 2:

"Coronaviruses are believed to cause 15 to 30% of all common colds in adults and children. Coronaviruses cause colds with major symptoms, such as fever and sore throat from swollen adenoids, primarily in the winter and early spring seasons. Coronaviruses can cause pneumonia – either direct viral pneumonia or a secondary bacterial pneumonia – and may cause bronchitis – either direct viral bronchitis or a secondary bacterial bronchitis. The much publicized human coronavirus discovered in 2003, SARS-CoV, which causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), has a unique pathogenesis because it causes both upper and lower respiratory tract infections. There are no vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections."

Seven strains of human coronaviruses are known:

1. Human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E)
  2. Human coronavirus OC43 (HCoV-OC43)
  3. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV)
  4. Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63, New Haven coronavirus)
  5. Human coronavirus HKU1
  6. Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS-CoV), previously known as novel coronavirus 2012 and HCoV-EMC
  7. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), previously known as 2019-nCoV or "novel coronavirus 2019"
The coronaviruses HCoV-229E, -NL63, -OC43, and -HKU1 continually circulate in the human population and cause respiratory infections in adults and children world-wide.