The Memo

Good Times Good Times

The “Secret GOP Memo” was, like most majorly hyped things, a letdown. Only revelation is that FBI used the “Dossier” as support for surveillance on Carter Page. Biased info can still be used for legal justification...so this really was a bunch of nothing.

If you love Trump, you will think this matters. If you don’t, you will think it’s nothing. So the “Secret Memo” changes zero and makes everyone hate each other more.

Depressing.

Good Times Good Times

In the memo they say that the application for the warrant refers to info from Papadopolous, so wouldn't that show pretty clearly that the investigation came after they learned something about Page from the Papadopoulous surveillance and not anything to do with the Steele stuff? The memo explicitly states that Papadopoulos was the trigger for the investigation, not the dossier. I may be wrong but I'm legit wondering.....

Regardless, there is an objective truth that the memo does not matter, revealed nothing, and was overblown political theater at best. The fact that objective truth no longer has any weight is what’s most depressing.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND THIS THREAD WOULD HAVE A WHOLE DIFFERENT LOOK HAD IT NOT BEEN RELEASED. I BET THE OPENING LINE WOULD HAVE BEEN, "WHATS TRUMP HIDING?".

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
That's still a legit question. With all the petty stuff about his tweets, etc. constantly filling up the news, I sometimes wonder what he's hiding while the media is distracted being outraged by his latest smoke screen.

It could be good, it could be bad. We may never know, at least not until it's too late to do anything about it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
EXCELLENT POINT 9! WHILE THE MEDIA IS CONCENTRATING ON THE LITTLE THINGS, TRUMP IS HANDLING THE IMPORTANT THINGS WITHOUT INTERFERENCE. GREAT JOB TRUMP. AND OVER YOUR LIFETIME, ATLEAST WHEN YOU WERE OLD ENOUGH TO PAY ATTENTION TO POLITICS, HAVE YOU NEVER WONDERED WHAT A PRESIDENT WAS THINKING OR DOING WITH SOME OF THE THINGS THEY HAVE SAID OR DONE? I KNOW I HAVE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If you're a liberal and Trump was accused of this you'd want his fucking head on a platter.
Indeed, could you imagine if the Bush administration (along with high-level FBI and DOJ officials) had done the same thing with regard to Obama? How would the liberals and the lamestream media have reacted then?