The proof is in: Republicans never cared about the deficit

Good Times Good Times

I don't think we can stay on topic here......I feel like we'll get the inevitable Hillary/Obama etc but I'll give it one last shot.....

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/7/16986548/republicans-deficit

I'm sure the "fiscal conservatives" who read this board will be shocked by this. I mean, as Henry VIII showed, England was never really Catholic anyway, am I right? Though I'm sure people like AW are still "deeply troubled" by the debt and deficit.

I can understand why they pretended to care but why did their constituents? Hatred of the other side?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL GT, I DONT THINK EITHER SIDE WANTS TO HELP THE OTHER. NO MATER WHAT THE ISSUE IS. I ALSO DONT THINK POSTING AN ARTICLE, THAT MENTIONS ONE OF THE NAMES YOU DONT WANT BROUGHT TO THIS THREAD, IS NOT FAIR. AND I AGREE WITH REV, THERE ARE PROBABLY ARTICLES OUT THERE THAT MAY SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT THE NAMES NOT TO BE BROUGHT INTO THIS THREAD. AFTER ALL, IT IS DEMS VS REPS ISNT IT?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think we can stay on topic here......I feel like we'll get the inevitable Hillary/Obama etc but I'll give it one last shot.....
Dear GTGT:

Not true. I have CONSISTENTLY been against the exploding national debt and excessive spending, no matter who is in control of the White House and Congress. I was extremely critical of the spending under the Bush administration, and even moreso about spending under Obama (but only because the spending skyrocketed under him).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I am 100% against a lingering deficit and huge national debt. You can operate only for so long on other people's money before the bottom drops out. I heard a small bit about the budget proposal that is being sent to the house and I appalled it was even considered. In fact, I am PISSED and if Trump okays this thing it will be a huge black mark on him. YUGE!

bbfreeburn

I am 100% against a lingering deficit and huge national debt. You can operate only for so long on other people's money before the bottom drops out. I heard a small bit about the budget proposal that is being sent to the house and I appalled it was even considered. In fact, I am PISSED and if Trump okays this thing it will be a huge black mark on him. YUGE!
Absolutely true. I have trouble believing that any politician would make this proposal.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Barack Hussein Obama, members of his administration and the Democrats complained about the massive spending and skyrocketing national debt increases under George Walker Bush's administration -- and rightly so.

Donald John Trump, members of his campaign staff, his administration and the Republicans complained about the massive spending and skyrocketing national debt increases under Obama's administration -- and rightly so.

In recent years, the Republicans railed against Obama's doubling of the national debt ... BUT NOW, even though the GOP controls the White House, Senate and House of Representatives, the obscene spending is headed toward new limits once again.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Barack Hussein Obama, members of his administration and the Democrats complained about the massive spending and skyrocketing national debt increases under George Walker Bush's administration -- and rightly so.

Donald John Trump, members of his campaign staff, his administration and the Republicans complained about the massive spending and skyrocketing national debt increases under Obama's administration -- and rightly so.

In recent years, the Republicans railed against Obama's doubling of the national debt ... BUT NOW, even though the GOP controls the White House, Senate and House of Representatives, the obscene spending is headed toward new limits once again.
Technically they're not lying. They really Do hate skyrocketing national debt increases... when the money is not going to THEIR buddies / pet interests.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm pissed. With all the cuts, deregulation and decrease in aid, there is absolutely no need to raise the debt ceiling. Trump gave in to the libs quite a bit on this deal and the'd better be ready for some giving when it comes to immigration, wall and deportations.