They've lost their mind....

JLS

#9... that's some funny stuff....Loot the feed store...

you sicko....lol....

Now gentlemen...JLS must leave the building...and head for the golf course...And this weekend is DEMO Days for Taylormade Golf....And I'm a Taylormade guy...

have a nice day...

"loot the feed store"

your killing me here...lol..

livespive

Yeah they also said he was banging around in the waggon, per another criminal.
Yeah like he was trying to break his own back, if anything he was trying to get someone attention to get him the help he was asking for.

Rob....I already know that a bias S.I. grand jury looked the other way...But that was MONTHS AGO...Has the NYPD fired Mr. Chokehold yet???

Now as for Baltimore...There is now a report of a woman claiming to be a friend of one of the 6 officers...and she said...In so many words...That Freddie TRIPPED OVER HIS OWN SHOW LACES...AND KILLED HIMSELF... "self inflicted injuries"

SO....don't expect any charges against the 6 officers...

Now it looks like NY has their hands fill again...

Be careful out there...stay safe...

Robadat

Rob....I already know that a bias S.I. grand jury looked the other way...But that was MONTHS AGO...Has the NYPD fired Mr. Chokehold yet???

Now as for Baltimore...There is now a report of a woman claiming to be a friend of one of the 6 officers...and she said...In so many words...That Freddie TRIPPED OVER HIS OWN SHOW LACES...AND KILLED HIMSELF... "self inflicted injuries"

SO....don't expect any charges against the 6 officers...

Now it looks like NY has their hands fill again...

Be careful out there...stay safe...
The DoJ is still investigating this incident. What part of the NYPD does not hold departmental hearings until after all other investigations are ended do you not understand? I don't know why you claim the SI Grand Jury was biased, I know the NY Grand Jury system very well. The prosecutors present their cases in a professional manner and the Jurors vote on whether or not to indict. The Grand Jury in SI had many minorities in it, the cop appeared before them to answer the prosecutor's questions without being asked questions by his own lawyer and they voted to not bring charges based on how the Law applies to the facts presented to them.

As for Baltimore, there are several different reports that sate he may have been injured due to a fall in the van, possibly self-inflicted. If he did this to himself, then the officers should not be held criminally for his actions. They should however, should still be responsible for failing to call for medical assistance in a more timely fashion.

As for these "protests" spreading here to NY, Our protesters of late have been a bit more civil than the animals in other parts of the US. They tend more to just disrupt traffic flow and just be a general nuisance and do not go around with the intent of destroying others property or hurting innocent people. We have had a few demonstrations around town, but for the most part, they have not descended into chaotic scenes, I can only hope they remain that way until some resolution comes out of the Baltimore incident and the DoJ concludes their investigation into the NY case...

Thanks for your concern...but don't worry about me, I can take care of myself and will do what is necessary to keep myself as safe as possible. I've been through many "protests" over the years and know how to handle myself.

JLS

The DoJ is still investigating this incident. What part of the NYPD does not hold departmental hearings until after all other investigations are ended do you not understand? I don't know why you claim the SI Grand Jury was biased, I know the NY Grand Jury system very well. The prosecutors present their cases in a professional manner and the Jurors vote on whether or not to indict. The Grand Jury in SI had many minorities in it, the cop appeared before them to answer the prosecutor's questions without being asked questions by his own lawyer and they voted to not bring charges based on how the Law applies to the facts presented to them.

As for Baltimore, there are several different reports that sate he may have been injured due to a fall in the van, possibly self-inflicted. If he did this to himself, then the officers should not be held criminally for his actions. They should however, should still be responsible for failing to call for medical assistance in a more timely fashion.

As for these "protests" spreading here to NY, Our protesters of late have been a bit more civil than the animals in other parts of the US. They tend more to just disrupt traffic flow and just be a general nuisance and do not go around with the intent of destroying others property or hurting innocent people. We have had a few demonstrations around town, but for the most part, they have not descended into chaotic scenes, I can only hope they remain that way until some resolution comes out of the Baltimore incident and the DoJ concludes their investigation into the NY case...

Thanks for your concern...but don't worry about me, I can take care of myself and will do what is necessary to keep myself as safe as possible. I've been through many "protests" over the years and know how to handle myself.
not bring charges based on how the Law applies to the facts presented to them.

Exactly....The DA presented the facts that HE WANTED to present...

Now Rob....please explain...If a choke hold is banned by the NYPD...And said officer used a banned choke hold...and someone died as a result of that...Cause it was ruled a homicide...Why were charges not filed...

Now I know choke holds are not illegal in NY....But using a choke hold and causing the death of someone certainly SHOULD BE ILLEGAL...

In other words...you can use a choke hold....BUT IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO USE A CHOKE AND CAUSE THE DEATH OF SOMEONE...

And once again....what part of...choke holds are banned by the Blue Bloods...do you not understand...

Bottom line....Your officer used a choke and killed a unarmed man...AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDER...

And it has cost the stupid ass city of NY....Millions and millions of dollars in overtime pay...and possible new
law suits....And it cost two INNOCENT OFFICERS their lives...

All because the NYPD blue protect their own....even when they are DIRTY...

WATCH THE VIDEO...It was over kill...

now

are we clear

livespive

When you stop and think about it Rob it does make sense. I mean:

1. Was the hold banned?
2. Did the cop use the banned moved?
3. Did the person die that had the banned hold applied by the officer?

I mean, I can entertain anything, and I am one of the most thinking outside of the box types,
but if that move was banned and he used it, the only answer would be that he didn't know.

JLS

1. Was the hold banned? <<<<<<YES
2. Did the cop use the banned hold?<<<<<YES
3. Did the person die that had the banned hold applied by the officer?<<<<<YES

I mean, I can entertain anything, and I am one of the most thinking outside of the box types,
but if that move was banned and he used it, the only answer would be that he didn't know.

HE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING...AND AS A RESULT...A MAN DIED...and THE POLICE DEPT.
OF NY CITY...COULD CARE LESS...THEY PROTECT THEIR OWN...

AND THE PEOPLE OF S.I. ARE WELL KNOW SUPPORTERS OF THE POLICE...

AND WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT THE S.I. DA TOLD THE THE GRAND JURY...

WATCH THE VIDEO...

And all the civil unrest that followed has cost the people of NY...MILLIONS....

And two innocent officers....their lives...

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Black gangstas can kill each other every day and it gets ignored by Sharpton. No money to be made.

Who needs cops? The thugs will exterminate each other anyway.

...and unfortunately no one will care.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Black gangstas can kill each other every day and it gets ignored by Sharpton. No money to be made.

...and unfortunately no one will care.[/QUOTE

No, pretty soon those "black lives matter" signs will start popping up again.

livespive

Actually it didn't. HE tried back when the Bloods and Crips were big.....

THe problem is bigger than that now. When the people that are supposed to protect you are killing you , then there is a problem.

...and unfortunately no one will care.

Robadat

1. Was the hold banned?
2. Did the cop use the banned moved?
3. Did the person die that had the banned hold applied by the officer?

Very intesresting questions, I did review some materials about this case to refresh my memory about it...

1 - Was the hold banned?
Yes, this move was banned by the NYPD back in the nineties, however, that does not make it a crime to use.

2 - Did the cop use the banned move?
It would appear so.

3 - Did the person die that had the banned hold applied by the officer?
The answer to this question is not so simple. The proper question would be "Did the person die due to the use of the banned hold?"
The answer to that question is iffy at best.

a) According to the video taken by the witness, the hold was used for a maximum of 15 seconds (1:22 -1:37 in the video) before being released, that is not long enough to cause unconciousness. And the victim was concious and still able to breath on his own after the hold was released. The evidence of that is that the victim was able to talk, and could be heard saying, "I can't breath" in a clear voice. His voice did not sound in any way like his breathing was compromised at any point during the video.
b) The autopsy report stated that there were no injuries to his throat. Typically, chokeholds can cause damage to the person's throat or windpipe that can block the airflow which is what causes deaths when they're used improperly.
c) In a manslaughter case in NY, prosecutors must provide proof that the cop intended to cause physical injury, and that the injury caused ultimately caused the death. With no physical injury to the man's throat, you can not prove that injury caused by the cop ultimately caused death, or that the cop knew that the injury he intended to inflict could result in the man's death.

Based on that info, I would agree with the Grand Jury's findings. They are based on the Law.

That is as far as Criminal Charges go. There is still the the possibility that this cop, the NYPD and possibly the FDNY EMS (for delay in providing care) could be held liable in a civil trial. I would expect that he and the NYPD are found civilly liable for contributing to causing the death.
Not too sure about EMS' liability, SOP is to monitor a "choking" victim until his airway becomes completely blocked or he loses conciousness. There is no evidence to support that they did anything outside of SOP in a choking case or were made aware of any other medical conditions Garner may have had.

You may not agree, but this is how NY Law applies in this case. Maybe the Law needs to be changed...

JLS

I see charges have now been filed in the Freddie Grey case against all 6 officers...This New DA has shown all she has BALLS>>>.No bull shit grand jury....The DA always has the power to file charges...

Maybe now....there well be peace in Baltimore...

livespive

I would thinnk that if they ban a move it should not be used by anyone? I would think they had a reason for doing such.

THanks all I am saying. That is the biggest question in all of this.

Very intesresting questions, I did review some materials about this case to refresh my memory about it...

1 - Was the hold banned?
Yes, this move was banned by the NYPD back in the nineties, however, that does not make it a crime to use.

2 - Did the cop use the banned move?
It would appear so.

3 - Did the person die that had the banned hold applied by the officer?
The answer to this question is not so simple. The proper question would be "Did the person die due to the use of the banned hold?"
The answer to that question is iffy at best.

a) According to the video taken by the witness, the hold was used for a maximum of 15 seconds (1:22 -1:37 in the video) before being released, that is not long enough to cause unconciousness. And the victim was concious and still able to breath on his own after the hold was released. The evidence of that is that the victim was able to talk, and could be heard saying, "I can't breath" in a clear voice. His voice did not sound in any way like his breathing was compromised at any point during the video.
b) The autopsy report stated that there were no injuries to his throat. Typically, chokeholds can cause damage to the person's throat or windpipe that can block the airflow which is what causes deaths when they're used improperly.
c) In a manslaughter case in NY, prosecutors must provide proof that the cop intended to cause physical injury, and that the injury caused ultimately caused the death. With no physical injury to the man's throat, you can not prove that injury caused by the cop ultimately caused death, or that the cop knew that the injury he intended to inflict could result in the man's death.

Based on that info, I would agree with the Grand Jury's findings. They are based on the Law.

That is as far as Criminal Charges go. There is still the the possibility that this cop, the NYPD and possibly the FDNY EMS (for delay in providing care) could be held liable in a civil trial. I would expect that he and the NYPD are found civilly liable for contributing to causing the death.
Not too sure about EMS' liability, SOP is to monitor a "choking" victim until his airway becomes completely blocked or he loses conciousness. There is no evidence to support that they did anything outside of SOP in a choking case or were made aware of any other medical conditions Garner may have had.

You may not agree, but this is how NY Law applies in this case. Maybe the Law needs to be changed...

Robadat

I see charges have now been filed in the Freddie Grey case against all 6 officers...This New DA has shown all she has BALLS>>>.No bull shit grand jury....The DA always has the power to file charges...

Maybe now....there well be peace in Baltimore...
That may be the case in Maryland, it is not the case in NY. NY Law is all felony charges must be brought by a Grand Jury...

As for Md, these cops have an absolute right to request a preliminary hearing on these charges. I look forward to hearing what these cops supposedly did to kill this guy... I have heard nothing yet as to what they did to cause his neck to be broken...

At this point, I have to have doubts about how good the prosecutor's case actually is...It is my belief that if the prosecutor believed she had a solid case, she would have presented to a Grand Jury...

But for now, hopefully, this will bring peace to Baltimore...

livespive

I agree,

That was the only reason they went ahead and released the news was to calm everyone down.

You do know that when they don't get charged it is going to be worse than it was.

And about the banned hold it still is just funny that it has to got a GJ.... The police should know their own rules.
HE used a move that he shouldn't have, he should be punished.

That may be the case in Maryland, it is not the case in NY. NY Law is all felony charges must be brought by a Grand Jury...

As for Md, these cops have an absolute right to request a preliminary hearing on these charges. I look forward to hearing what these cops supposedly did to kill this guy... I have heard nothing yet as to what they did to cause his neck to be broken...

At this point, I have to have doubts about how good the prosecutor's case actually is...It is my belief that if the prosecutor believed she had a solid case, she would have presented to a Grand Jury...

Robadat

I would thinnk that if they ban a move it should not be used by anyone? I would think they had a reason for doing such.

THanks all I am saying. That is the biggest question in all of this.
Actually, that's the wrong question.
That move, while banned, is the quickest way to bring down a combative suspect. The reason for it's banning by the NYPD was due to deaths caused by injuries to victims' throats when done improperly and/or with excessive force. It was performed correctly in this incident due to the fact that there was no injury to the victim's throat or neck. Back in the days before it was banned, I used it on occasion without causing any injuries to the person, myself or other responding officers.

The big question here is what else could the officers have done to subdue this man and also if any orther means of physically restraining him would have worked without putting stress on his compromised health. The guy had all kinds of medical conditions, who's to say that even if the cops just wrestled him to the ground without using the chokehold that it still wouldn't have caused him to have a heart attack at some point in the process?

Robadat

I agree,

That was the only reason they went ahead and released the news was to calm everyone down.

You do know that when they don't get charged it is going to be worse than it was.

And about the banned hold it still is just funny that it has to got a GJ.... The police should know their own rules.
HE used a move that he shouldn't have, he should be punished.
I expect that when the time comes, after all outside investigations are completed, the NYPD will bring him up on charges stemming from his use of the chokehold. The outcome, IDK, but due to public outrage, I'm thinking he'll get fired...

In NY, felony cases must go thru the Grand Jury unless a defendant agrees, in writing, to waive the process. That is typically used in drug cases, as part of a plea deal. The defendant agrees to the filing of the felony drug charge and then it gets pled down to a misdemeanor.

As for Baltimore, I agree. If this gets kicked out at a preliminary hearing, the shit flies all over again...
Would rather have seen the DA just come out and say that she will be presenting all the evidence she has to a Grand Jury as quickly as possible.

JLS

R

Rob..I just heard it must go to a grand jury in Maryland also...

Robadat

R

Rob..I just heard it must go to a grand jury in Maryland also...
Doing a quick review of Maryland Law, I read that GJ proceedings aren't mandatory for felonies. The DA could file an information and then the defendant would have a right to a preliminary hearing on the charges. I'm not exactly sure on which way they're going with this but it should be presented to a Grand Jury.

If she is pressing charges now with the intent to present the case to a Grand Jury in the near future, I would support her actions.