Thoughts & Prayers the Game

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You don't make fun of anyone's death, no matter who they are.
What's really disgusting is reading about the guy who was attacked by the liberals online. I guess there was a video of one of the victim's father frantically searching for his (dead) child at the school- he was wearing a Trump T-shirt. So naturally, the tolerant, loving, peaceful left saw this and set out to destroy a man who was already down. Comments were basically "He deserved to have his child murdered for supporting Trump".

I tell you, it's exactly THAT kind of mentality - total disregard for another human and complete lack of empathy, that will be behind another killing (any yes, the right has its share of the exact same kind if people too). Taking away guns does not remove the underlying hate and mental instability that leads to violence.

But nobody want to talk about that.

To be clear, I don't lump GTGT into that group. I do see a frustrated man who wants a better, safer world for his new daughter. While I disagree to an extent (but not totally) with his stance on weapons, I see where he's coming from. More does need to be done, but IMO it's a more complex problem that will require effort on multiple fronts to resolve. Society needs to change just as much, if not more so, than gun laws do.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
What's really disgusting is reading about the guy who was attacked by the liberals online. I guess there was a video of one of the victim's father frantically searching for his (dead) child at the school- he was wearing a Trump T-shirt. So naturally, the tolerant, loving, peaceful left saw this and set out to destroy a man who was already down. Comments were basically "He deserved to have his child murdered for supporting Trump".

I tell you, it's exactly THAT kind of mentality - total disregard for another human and complete lack of empathy, that will be behind another killing (any yes, the right has its share of the exact same kind if people too). Taking away guns does not remove the underlying hate and mental instability that leads to violence.

To be clear, I don't lump GTGT into that group. I do see a frustrated man who wants a better, safer world for his new daughter. While I disagree to an extent (but not totally) with his stance on weapons, I see where he's coming from. More does need to be done, but IMO it's a more complex problem that will require effort on multiple fronts to resolve. Society needs to change just as much, if not more so, than gun laws do.
Nice post 9, but I would still watch your back or should I say your barn.

Good Times Good Times

If anyone thinks I'm making fun of the dead, you've totally missed the point. I mean totally, AINEC.

If ~9 and I were legislators I most definitely would be able to sit down with this man at a table and come up with some form of compromise or at least a step forward (forward, progress, gasp!). I don't feel this way about everyone on this site b/c I don't believe everyone here comes to the table with the spirit of compromise ~9 does. "Yall" can learn a lot from him.

livespive

I don't think any of the comments were toward you. I think they were at the site.

If anyone thinks I'm making fun of the dead, you've totally missed the point. I mean totally, AINEC.

If ~9 and I were legislators I most definitely would be able to sit down with this man at a table and come up with some form of compromise or at least a step forward (forward, progress, gasp!). I don't feel this way about everyone on this site b/c I don't believe everyone here comes to the table with the spirit of compromise ~9 does. "Yall" can learn a lot from him.

livespive

Very true 9~.....

But you would be surprised at how many of these would not have happened it people would
have crossed their I's and dotted their T's :) on the existing laws.

To many people that were on the federal books, but for some reason states didn't have access.
Or the other way where a states books need to get brought up to the federal level, and then any state
can access them, that way if you do something and move it follows you.

REVerse °

Addicted Member

I like you GTGT. I think we can disagree without being disagreeable, although, some things I just cannot compromise. I'm sure you feel the same somewhat- on your viewpoint(s.) I don't expect you to compromise on what you are passionate about. We are all created with free will.