THOUGHTS

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LAST NIGHT, HERE IN DALLAS, A TV NEWS CHANEL INTERVIEWED AN HISPANIC TEENAGE GIRL. SHE WAS STANDING WITH SEVERAL SCHOOL MATES WHO WERE THERE FOR "SUPPORT". HER COMMENT WENT THAT SHE WAS AFRAID THAT SHE WOULD BE DEPORTED BECAUSE SHE WAS HERE ILLEGALLY AND WOULD BE SEPARATED FROM HER LITTLE BROTHER WHO WAS BORN HERE. SHE MADE IT SOUND LIKE SHE WOULD BE OK TO BE HERE ILLEGALLY IF TRUMP HAD NOT WON.
THOUGHTS FROM YA'LL..

I HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT OTHER ISSUES DERIVED FROM THE ELECTION, BUT WILL WAIT AND ASK AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I doubt that Trump will have her deported, unless she commits a crime. At least, at the outset, the way I understand it, Trump and his administration will put the deportation priority on those illegals who have committed crimes (or have illegally returned after being deported).

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
That's the worst part of the immigration thing. The kids don't have a choice in what their parents have done.

Personally, I think it's time to scrap the "if you're born here, you're a citizen" clause. Change it to read "You are only a citizen if your mother is a legal citizen at the time of birth". Consideration could be given if the expecting mother had applied for citizenship prior to becomming pregnant - if that is the case and she was granted citizenship post birth, then the child receives citizenship too.

In the mean time, I dunno. You could grant a visa until the kids graduate high school, then make the parents go back to Mexico unless they have applied for and received citizenship prior to HS graduation. But the loophole is, some would just keep having more kids to stay here.

I do think the citizenship/visa program needs to be updated and made more efficient. A neighbor (Mexican who legally became a US citizen) said it took her family over two years to be granted a two week travel visa to come visit her. That is ridiculous, especially considering they were following the rules!

We also have to find a way to secure the border - at least better than it is now. And severely punish employers caught using illegal labor. Real jail time for executives and maybe closure of business/forfeiture of assets would be a good start.

I'm not anti immigrant. I just want people to do it legally, and be proud of their new country/citizenship.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
It would seem to me there should be a compromise. The parents? GONE!!! The kids? They get a choice to either live with foster parents, adoptive parents, etc. and take classes to go thru the process of becoming a citizen. OR........follow the parents.

livespive

From what I heard He is working on the Kids as well. As for what Greg said, I think there should be a compromise, but like this...

IF the illegal adult can prove that they have been a productive part of society, then they can stay.

This one is a rough one, because you don't want to put all of this on the kids. Imagine being 10 and having to choose between mom and the USA for school. I wouldn't make a kid do that....

With as much shit as we have done This is low on the list. Crime yes Kids no.

I doubt that Trump will have her deported, unless she commits a crime. At least, at the outset, the way I understand it, Trump and his administration will put the deportation priority on those illegals who have committed crimes (or have illegally returned after being deported).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WE SHOULD NEVER OVERLOOK THE FACT THAT SOMEONE COMMITED A CRIME TO GET HERE. PERIOD! AND IF THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS COME HERE TO HAVE KIDS IS IN THE HOPE THAT THEY WILL GET TO STAY, BYE BYE. THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN PROVE THAT THEY ARE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY IS IF THEY TOOK THE TIME TO BECOME LEGAL. IF THEY DID NOT, BYE BYE.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WE SHOULD NEVER OVERLOOK THE FACT THAT SOMEONE COMMITED A CRIME TO GET HERE. PERIOD! AND IF THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS COME HERE TO HAVE KIDS IS IN THE HOPE THAT THEY WILL GET TO STAY, BYE BYE. THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN PROVE THAT THEY ARE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY IS IF THEY TOOK THE TIME TO BECOME LEGAL. IF THEY DID NOT, BYE BYE.
Dear WAMO:

You have correctly pointed out the LEGALITY of the situation.