TWD S5 Episodes 9-10 Are "Brutal," "Incredibly Em

Good Times Good Times

http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2015-02-04-season5-episodes9-10-brutal-emotional
"Brutal" comes up a lot on The Walking Dead and it's usually a fair descriptor. Robert Kirkman just said this of Episode 9, in the new Entertainment Weekly cover story: “That is going to be a fan-favorite episode in a lot of ways, and it’s going to be a fan-hated episode in a lot of ways. Because it is somewhat brutal. But there’s a lot of magic in that as well. It’s going to be very unique.”
Seems like these episodes will be a bit polarizing, in terms of the unique visual storytelling ... and also possibly because of what's related to the brutality.
Do you think TWD will return with a brutal and emotional episode, since we just went through an episode that could be described as brutal and emotional OR is that’s just the way of this world?

Last edited by a moderator:

born1

Most episodes are intense. My wife will not watch it at night, so we watch it the next morning on demand.

born1

Most episodes are intense. My wife will not watch it at night, so we watch it the next morning on demand.

Spider

I just heard an interview of Andrew Lincoln. He said these "back half 8" episodes are some of his most favorite, since season 1. He also stated the pilot for the TWD spinoff is being shot now. He called it more of a prequal to the current universe.

Spider

Episode 9 will deal with the burial / aftermath of Beth. Lincoln stated that dealing with "brutal" people doesn't stop.

MI2AZ

Spider Man said:
I just heard an interview of Andrew Lincoln. He said these "back half 8" episodes are some of his most favorite, since season 1. He also stated the pilot for the TWD spinoff is being shot now. He called it more of a prequal to the current universe.
Someone told me he was talking about the death of Rick?

Spider

Last night: Wow. Just wow. People who know the comic shouldn't have been too surprised (Also nice touch on bringing the guy who killed him in the comic back). That said, I never read the comic, but do a little googling at times about it.

MI2AZ

I guess I missed seeing that W all over the place.

I am sure they will address it in a future episode, probably if they introduce another character.

I was wondering about all of the hacked up bodies.

Spider

They aren't following the comic exactly (in the comic, the Gov. kills Tyreese, for example), but what I've read states there's a bad guy worse than the Gov out there in the VA / DC area. Guy's named Negan (spoiler alert).