USBC Tourney changes, are they good?

Since Bill Herald uses this site for #clicks and refuses to talk about, yanno, the rough shit, I'll throw something in here.

In the last three weeks, Chad Murphy, Executive Director of the USBC, has thrown out some major changes that, to my mind at least, are mindboggling to keeping the USBC in the bowling fray in the world. They include but are not limited to:

- informing USBC employees that they are not allowed anymore to take any prize money, bracket money, or winning trophies from a USBC national event, including the Open, Women's Open, Masters, Queens or PWBA tour.

- USBC employees also can not, as of January 1 2016, have a staffing or ball contract with any "industry partner".

- starting with the 2017 USBC Open, not only will the lane pattern not be advertised on BOWL.com or such before the tournament (only release will be after the tourney), there will be NO STREAMING of any event, team or minors, during the tournament at all.

- in '17 as well, the USBC tourney is starting a new division, called the Standard Division, which will have bowlers that average 181-209. Fair, I could see this being a benefit but you'll have to watch the ones that magically drop from 215 or such.

I'll go over the release bit by bit here in a few.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT SURE HOW SOME OF THAT IS GOING TO INCREASE ENTRIES OR INCREASE BOWLING. OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

I am guessing points 1 and 2 are because of the lane pattern not being advertised. Question is, how they are going to keep it under wraps? I can see someone leaking that information out real easy.

As far as the 181-209 Division. Going to have a lot of bowlers trying to "manage" their average to a 181 or a 209. Nothing like giving bowlers numbers to shoot for. Way to Go!