Wait now, what was that agin???

Robadat

This really isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be. In order to do a stop and frisk, or search, a cop must have reasonable belief that a crime was committed. He still does, even if his thought is flawed, he still must have reason to do the stop.

I would prefer that cops be knowledgable about the Laws they are supposed to uphold, but I don't know too many that have Law degrees. Hell, even Judges and lawyers I know often need help in figuring out what exactly the law is on occasion...

livespive

That is the problem, mix that with sterotyping, and you have a big problem.
To many cops busting in when they shouldn't (happened in my home town).
Pulling cars over where they shouldn't.

I know and you know that cops are supposed to have reasonable cause, but they do it anyway.

This really isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be. In order to do a stop and frisk, or search, a cop must have reasonable belief that a crime was committed. He still does, even if his thought is flawed, he still must have reason to do the stop.

I would prefer that cops be knowledgable about the Laws they are supposed to uphold, but I don't know too many that have Law degrees. Hell, even Judges and lawyers I know often need help in figuring out what exactly the law is on occasion...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK THAT FOR THE MOST PART THEY ARE ALL WATCHING OUR BACKS. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THEY ARE NOT THERE TO DO WHAT THEY DO. AND IF ANYONE BELIEVES THAT THERE IS NOT SOME FORM OF DOUBT (PROFILING OR NOT) IN EVERYONES MIND, NOT SURE WHAT YOUR WORLD IS LIKE.