Welcome back

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
My single take on this and then I'm out of this conversation, not gonna go down the BR route again. This is just my outside looking in opinion. There is a member on here who seems to like baiting people with innocent looking posts, but that are expertly crafted to provoke an emotional response. When that response is given (eventually in a not-so nice manner such as name calling because after enough provocation they finally lose their shit), this user then claims themselves to be the victim. Seen it unfold several times in the same manner. Unfortunately, WAMO was the one this time who took these provocations personally and got pissed off about it, which is the intention of this game the other user is playing.

I believe the snark you received, Greg, is that in WAMO's eyes you were singling him out when he felt equally as disrespected by the provacateur as they claimed to feel by his insults. Basically, WAMO got the book thrown at him and the other got off scott free (just like the NFL - the guy that retaliates gets flagged while the guy who started it receives no penalty).

It is a mentally stimulating game for some, to see how far they can push others on the emotional spectrum without being directly offensive. Few can do it as well as this particular user.

If I am wrong about the other user's intentions (which is possible, I'm no mind reader), the only other explanation I have is that their method of trying to engage in debate / discussion just tends to make people angry for whatever reason. The responses I recall during the BR meltdown were similar to what we saw from WAMO here.

If nobody else agrees with this assessment, then I will accept that I am wrong and apologize to all.
Couldn't have said it any better 9. Spot on.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This is why you can not get any of the old users back, they got tired of this crap and left.
This is why I don't post as much as I used to, but when I see a wrong I'm going to express my opinion.
There is a difference DEBATING and BAITING.
People need thicker skin in discussion groups. If someone leaves because of baiting maybe they shouldnt have been here in the first place. People are free to fire back, but fire back with civility, not name calling.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Btw, not sucking up here, but I admire Grag’s ability to be even handed. Not easy
Dear bbfreeburn:

It's obviously difficult to keep any discussion forum going to a significant degree, and if it weren't for Greg's moderation, this forum would have gone by the wayside -- like PBA.com, bowl.com and the BR Miscellaneous forum -- years ago. Greg should be commended by all of us.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear bbfreeburn:

It's obviously difficult to keep any discussion forum going to a significant degree, and if it weren't for Greg's moderation, this forum would have gone by the wayside -- like PBA.com, bowl.com and the BR Miscellaneous forum -- years ago. Greg should be commended by all of us.
Thank you, Bill.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
My single take on this and then I'm out of this conversation, not gonna go down the BR route again. This is just my outside looking in opinion. There is a member on here who seems to like baiting people with innocent looking posts, but that are expertly crafted to provoke an emotional response. When that response is given (eventually in a not-so nice manner such as name calling because after enough provocation they finally lose their shit), this user then claims themselves to be the victim. Seen it unfold several times in the same manner. Unfortunately, WAMO was the one this time who took these provocations personally and got pissed off about it, which is the intention of this game the other user is playing.

I believe the snark you received, Greg, is that in WAMO's eyes you were singling him out when he felt equally as disrespected by the provacateur as they claimed to feel by his insults. Basically, WAMO got the book thrown at him and the other got off scott free (just like the NFL - the guy that retaliates gets flagged while the guy who started it receives no penalty).

It is a mentally stimulating game for some, to see how far they can push others on the emotional spectrum without being directly offensive. Few can do it as well as this particular user.

If I am wrong about the other user's intentions (which is possible, I'm no mind reader), the only other explanation I have is that their method of trying to engage in debate / discussion just tends to make people angry for whatever reason. The responses I recall during the BR meltdown were similar to what we saw from WAMO here.

If nobody else agrees with this assessment, then I will accept that I am wrong and apologize to all.
Dear 9andaWiggle (and others):

Needless to say, I don't agree with your "assessment"; however, there's no need to apologize. But allow me to point out that in issuing such a post -- and whether you realize it or not -- you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of. You're indirectly indicating that I violated the terms of the forum when you suggest that I'm a "provacateur" (sic) that "got off scott free" and that I should have received a "penalty."

You've attempted to make an "innocent-looking post ... expertly crafted to provoke an emotional response." And you're clearly attempting to make me look bad, and in doing so, YOU are disrespecting me. So are YOU taking part in "a mentally stimulating game" to see how far you can push me without being directly offensive?

I can assure you that you are wrong with regard to my "intentions" and you are extremely off base regarding the comments made during the "BR meltdown."

I do agree that we should all embark on improved forum camaraderie, but if you (and others) feel that I am out of line in certain respects, then the above-quoted post should be out of line as well.

Let us all do our best to maintain forum civility, and with the help of Greg's excellent moderation, that shouldn't be too difficult.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
What? Is your own medicine hard to swallow?
Well that's exactly how your post look to other people in this forum.
Just my opinion, just saying.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
What? Is your own medicine hard to swallow?
Well that's exactly how your post look to other people in this forum.
Just my opinion, just saying.
Dear sevenpin63:

My post was self-explanatory, and no, "my own medicine" doesn't "push my buttons" at all. I was just pointing out that others sometimes use the same "tactics" they accuse me of.

And by the way, your above-quoted comments COULD be considered as trolling, and there's no constructive benefit in doing so.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Dear sevenpin63:

My post was self-explanatory, and no, "my own medicine" doesn't "push my buttons" at all. I was just pointing out that others sometimes use the same "tactics" they accuse me of.

And by the way, your above-quoted comments COULD be considered as trolling, and there's no constructive benefit in doing so.
Oh well, to bad

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS THE THING ABOUT OPINIONS AW. YOUR OPINION DIFFERS FROM OTHERS IN THIS FORUM. I THINK 9 PHRASED HIS COMMENT AS BEST HE COULD WITHOUT GOING OVER THE LINE. HE POINTED OUT THE TACTICS BEING USED BY ANOTHER ARE SOMETIMES ANTAGONISTIC. HE DID NOT ACCUSE, ONLY OFFERED HIS OPINION. HE SOUNDED EERILY SIMILAR TO ANOTHER POSTER IN HERE. GAVE ME THE SHIVERS.

YOU ARE RIGHT AW, WE SHOULD ALL EMBARK ON MAKING THIS FORUM BETTER. :Thumbsup:

THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYBODY!

Scolai

Then who was it that called him "a fucking moron"?
That would be me.... kind of.

We were discussing the church shooting in White Settlement, TX in which a firearms instructor dropped an active shooter with a controlled head-shot. WAMO expertly ( :rolleyes: ) claimed that there would have been a better outcome had there been a state-wide gun ban. Greg and I tried desperately to get him to understand that a death toll of two was a far better outcome than, say, 20 or 200, but he was just repeating the same thing over and over about how pathetic we were for being "warm and fuzzy" (his words) over two people dying.

I offered an if/then: "Now, if you say a 100% gun ban would have prevented those two deaths, then you ARE a fucking moron."

Greg followed my comment with a quote of my post and this: "Dead nuts on, Scolai. But he still won't get it. "

Flame me. Ban me. Whatever. WAMO stands in front of the fan when the shit starts flying, so he can only be so upset when he gets some in his face.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BOTH OF THOSE ARE NICE SCOLAI! AND NO TATS!! THANX!!!

I HAD NOT CALLED OUT ANY NAMES AND HAD NO INTENT OF DOING SO. BUT THANKS. MOVING ON NOW.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Oh well, to bad
That would be me.... kind of.

We were discussing the church shooting in White Settlement, TX in which a firearms instructor dropped an active shooter with a controlled head-shot. WAMO expertly ( :rolleyes: ) claimed that there would have been a better outcome had there been a state-wide gun ban. Greg and I tried desperately to get him to understand that a death toll of two was a far better outcome than, say, 20 or 200, but he was just repeating the same thing over and over about how pathetic we were for being "warm and fuzzy" (his words) over two people dying.

I offered an if/then: "Now, if you say a 100% gun ban would have prevented those two deaths, then you ARE a fucking moron."

Greg followed my comment with a quote of my post and this: "Dead nuts on, Scolai. But he still won't get it. "

Flame me. Ban me. Whatever. WAMO stands in front of the fan when the shit starts flying, so he can only be so upset when he gets some in his face.
Well never get rid of guns. It's built into our culture and built into our constitution.