Well, damn.

Scolai

We arrived home from the dojo on Friday night ahead of a predicted ice/snow storm to a ringing phone. My mother-in-law was calling to inform us that my father-in-law had collapsed at his hunt club just as the day was closing. He was transported to the hospital where his heart stopped twice and was restarted both times. After being in a coma for 36 hours, he succumbed this afternoon.

Luckily I was able to get my wife from work and get her to her father's side before the storm got bad. We arrived in Suffolk, VA at 12:45 AM, just as the really heavy snow was starting. I went with her to his room, visited for a few minutes, then hopped in the car to drive 2 hours home (the animals had no one to care for them, and we couldn't leave them for what would have been 48-72 hours).

My wife and kids were able to spend the last hours of my father-in-law's life at his side. I've had to wait a couple of days because the roads here are little more than skating rinks at this point. I'm going to try to get there tomorrow afternoon.

Kind of a shit way to start 2017.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My condolences, Scolai. Losing someone is always difficult. Peace be with you and yours, my friend.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR FAMILIES LOSS SCOLAI. HOPE THE ROADS CLEAR OUT FOR YOU TO GET BACK TO YOUR FAMILY.

Robadat

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father in law, Scolai. My heartfelt condolences to your family. May he RIP.
Hoping for safe travels for you to get back to the family ASAP.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Not much I can add that hasn't already been said. Sorry for your loss. Be careful with that weather and road conditions. Better to be late and all...

Scolai

Thanks, all. After traveling to and fro 3 different times to Virginia this week, we are finally back home. My wife and I planned the memorial service, and I delivered it for the family yesterday. My wife and mother-in-law are doing well considering the circumstances.

Dad-in-law was an avid outdoorsman. He died doing what he loved. We can only hope to enjoy the same type of last day he did.

Live well, all.
KW