What is this? Why you douchebags not post on Fry-Day?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The douchebag of the week ... JAMES COMEY

Comey not only LEAKED his "memo" to the press ... he also testified that he took notes on Trump because he thought Trump might lie ... but when he interviewed Crooked Hillary in an ACTUAL INVESTIGATION, he took no notes and had no transcription of the meeting.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I just got in the house. Working on my truck and "test" driving. Yup! DBW goes to Comey!!!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I WATCHED ABOUT AN HOUR OF IT YESTERDAY WAITING ON DIRECTV TO SHOW UP. TALK ABOUT A DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE. DB OF THE WEEK FOR SURE. AND THROW IN A CRYBABY AWARD AS WELL.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I WATCHED ABOUT AN HOUR OF IT YESTERDAY WAITING ON DIRECTV TO SHOW UP. TALK ABOUT A DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE. DB OF THE WEEK FOR SURE. AND THROW IN A CRYBABY AWARD AS WELL.
... not to mention possible legal consequences.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DIDNT REALIZE I COULD TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST DIRECTV FOR BEING LATE. GOOD TO KNOW.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I would lile to switch from high priced cox TV to direct TV, but seems that every one that does has all kind of problems with direct TV...
If you have wireless in the house just get a Roku box and subscribe to Netflix and Hulu. Cost you about $15.00 per month for the total and you can watch everything you want and tons more.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY G. DOES THE ROKU HAVE LOCAL CHANNELS, AS IN NEWS AND SPORTS? I HAVE AN ISSUE AT NEW PLACE BECAUSE OF METAL ROOF. ANTENNAS WONT PULL IN SIGNAL.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HEY G. DOES THE ROKU HAVE LOCAL CHANNELS, AS IN NEWS AND SPORTS? I HAVE AN ISSUE AT NEW PLACE BECAUSE OF METAL ROOF. ANTENNAS WONT PULL IN SIGNAL.
It has a few localized stations but I would not look for your specific channel there. All the networks and educational channels and such are there, plus a million I've never heard of. The only negative is that you have to watch most things a day later than it normally airs.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I have the Roku stick, but use it to subscribe to SlingTV. No local channels, (I have antenna for that) but the package I have gets Fox, FS1 and 2, NBCSN, and a bunch of regional FS and NBCSN stations. Got that one so I can watch F1, Indycar, and NASCAR races. Also get a lot of NHRA races. Should have a bunch of Football games too, but I haven't had it that long. I think it's $30 a month. You can go to SlingTV.com and check out the packages/prices.

I also have Amazon Prime which gets me movies, etc. Think I still have Hulu subscription ($12/month I think), but haven't been watching it much since I got Sling.

One thing to note... some stations don't do surround sound well on Hulu and Sling. Basically, the program comes through muted, and commercials blast you out of the room. This only happens if you have the surround sound turned on in Roku and on your home theater unit (if you have that). I turned surround off in Roku and on my home theater system (set all to Stereo) and everything is fine now. Really had me pissed off until I figured that out though.

Otherwise, been pretty happy with it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Hopefully someone who's used both can give you a good comparison of Netflix to Amazon Prime. I've never used Netflix, and honestly don't watch too many movies (have Prime mainly for free 2 day shipping), so I'm not sure how the content may differ between the two.

Another thing on Sling, now that I think about it... the package I have does not include ESPN. Not sure if that one is offered through them. If you like ESPN, you'll want to research further.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Hopefully someone who's used both can give you a good comparison of Netflix to Amazon Prime. I've never used Netflix, and honestly don't watch too many movies (have Prime mainly for free 2 day shipping), so I'm not sure how the content may differ between the two.

Another thing on Sling, now that I think about it... the package I have does not include ESPN. Not sure if that one is offered through them. If you like ESPN, you'll want to research further.
I have an amazon prime account because I do nearly all my shopping on amazon and love the free two day shipping. I've not used the video portion much, but I also have an Echo which I use all the time. The thing is with roku, you can go to their website,, sign into your account and add tons of channels for free. Some are good, some are shit, but at least you can try them and then delete them if you don't want them. I use the CW channel a lot because my CW on my Spectrum account isn't HD. So I wait a day and watch the next day in better quality. You really have to experience the roku box and all of it's features before you make up your mind if it's the right thing you or not. I love it, and WOULD drop my cable IF I could get Velocity on the box. All the major networks are there, History, TLC, and 100 others. Just no Velocity.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY G. AFTER HEARING YOU TALK ABOUT THE ECHO, I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE ECHO DOT. LIKED IT SO MUCH, BOUGHT AN ECHO AND THE TAP! VERY HANDY DEVICE. I AM GOING TO CHECK INTO ROKU. WITHOUT ESPN, NOT SURE THE SLING IS FOR ME. I ASSUME NO ESPN MEANS NO ESPN OF ANY FLAVOR.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
HEY G. AFTER HEARING YOU TALK ABOUT THE ECHO, I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE ECHO DOT. LIKED IT SO MUCH, BOUGHT AN ECHO AND THE TAP! VERY HANDY DEVICE. I AM GOING TO CHECK INTO ROKU. WITHOUT ESPN, NOT SURE THE SLING IS FOR ME. I ASSUME NO ESPN MEANS NO ESPN OF ANY FLAVOR.
OK, just checked. Sling DOES have ESPN. It's just in a different package than I have. They have 2 packages; Orange and Blue. I have Blue, and ESPN is in Orange. You can get both packages, and there are other add ons available too.

Looks like Sling works with several devices (not just Roku).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
COOL. I HAVE EVERY CHANNEL DIRECTV HAS AND IT RUNS ME $225 A MONTH. DONT REALLY NEED ALL THOSE MOVIE CHANNELS, BUT GOTA HAVE MY SPORTS!