Where is the outrage

born1

By now most of you have seen the video of the North Charleston shooting.

When the cop dropped the taser next to the body, there was another cop. Why did this second cop not speak up about this? His police report said nothing of this act. :mad:

If this is the case, this cop needs to be fired and charges filed against him too.

Last edited:

bbfreeburn

did you mean "we are" (we're) or the 2nd person singular past indicative, plural past indicative, and past subjunctive of to be (were)?.

Good Times Good Times

My take: While the victim wasn't exactly innocent (he had a warrant for unpaid child support), for some reason he struggled with the officer and ran. WHY? I don't condone what this officer did, not at all, but why did the guy run (legit question)? So, not "innocent".....but not deserving of being killed like that.

Also, lol @ thread title.

Spider

The cop really F'ed himself when he tried to frame the suspect w/ the tazer. If he hadn't done that, he could have talked his way out of charges (but his job would have still been gone).

livespive

I think that will be brought up in the false report investigation because there were a few things in the report that were false.

livespive

Yes, the officer did not give chase or anything. HE just shot.
While this is a good example for theed of body cams, I think it also brings up the need for a 360 degree
dash/ car cam system.

They showed the tape, and from the words that he said he was saying what he did to beat the dash cam.
He didn't know the other guy was taping him. That's why he went to get the taser, the dash cam couldn't see it.

My take: While the victim wasn't exactly innocent (he had a warrant for unpaid child support), for some reason he struggled with the officer and ran. WHY? I don't condone what this officer did, not at all, but why did the guy run (legit question)? So, not "innocent".....but not deserving of being killed like that.

Also, lol @ thread title.

livespive

That is a good point.......

and the bad thing is, does he speak out against his fellow cop, or do what's right. He is in a spot.

By now most of you have seen the video of the North Charleston shooting.

When the cop dropped the taser next to the body, there was another cop. Why did this second cop not speak up about this? His police report said nothing of this act. :mad:

If this is the case, this cop needs to be fired and charges filed against him too.

JLS

Tho it appears that this cop really messed up big time...He still needs to be convicted...We all saw the video
of NY police jumping on Gardner...and holding his head down as he was saying he could not breathe...YET
a BIAS grand jury looked the other way...

And as of today...NOTHING has been done against the officer who use a BANNED CHOKE HOLD...

Now as for the teaser...Yes he appears to have dropped it next to the body...BUT...Some will and have said...
That he needed to get the teaser which was laying back where he fired the shots....Could not just leave it there...So he could use the excuse he was protecting the teaser from anyone coming into the area...

IMO...This was a unjustified shooting...BUT...as we all saw in NY...A bias grand jury didn't give a fuxxck...

So who knows what a jury in this town will do...

BUT SERIOUSLY...The victim should not have ran away...Yes he would have been arrested...But he would still be alive....If you got money to buy a Benz...than pay you child support...

Now his actions...running away....have destroyed two lives...HIS...cause he is dead...and the Police Officer
who used BAD JUDGEMENT and shot him...Now his life may be screwed...He has already been fired...

And his wife is having a baby...

All because some IDIOT would not obey the police officer's orders...and a police officer in the heat of the moment....making a BAD decision...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Your last line says it all, jls. Had the guy obeyed orders and just sat there in his car as directed he would still be alive today. BUT, there is no excuse for shooting someone in the back if all he is doing is running.

Robadat

Your last line says it all, jls. Had the guy obeyed orders and just sat there in his car as directed he would still be alive today. BUT, there is no excuse for shooting someone in the back if all he is doing is running.
You can not use DF against an unarmed fleeing person to prevent his escape. This Officer was wrong in his actions, first by shooting the guy while he was running away, and then his dropping of the taser near the victim is proof he tried to cover his own ass.

I would expect a quick indictment of this cop and a conviction for this murder. I feel for the cop's family, but what he did was criminal and he deserves to be in jail for a long time. That man did nothing to merit being shot. You're correct, had he followed the Officer's instructions to remain in his vehicle, he would still be alive today. But his actions in running away should not have resulted in his death, at most he should have been chased, taken down and cuffed. That guy was no sprinter, he wasn't getting away, he should have been caught within fifty yards by any cop in reasonable shape. Plus, there were other cops responding, they could have easily blocked him with their vehicles from getting away.

As for the other cop at the scene, unless there is clear, convincing evidence that he actually saw the other cop dropping the taser near the victim, he should not face any criminal charges.