WHITE LANCASTER OFFICER

Robadat

**crickets**
The silence in here is deafening.

Thoughts and prayers go out to this Sergeant's family and friends.:(

Just some food for thought, this editorial was in today's Daily News...
Between NYPD success in driving down crime and concerns over law enforcement accountability, a critical truth about policing is often lost: This is a dangerous profession, and the men and women in blue venture into in harm’s way daily.

Attacks on officers rose 23% — from 800 to 995 — year over year through the end of September.

Meanwhile, crime continues to fall, with murders and shootings both down compared with the same period last year.

This success comes from targeting gangs and gun-dealing operations. The inevitable consequence of targeting the baddest of the bad is that serious violent felony offenders are apt to fight back.

The trends dramatically show that, as the stop-and-frisk era gives way to precision policing, cops are risking higher peril to win greater public safety. Even more bravely than ever.
But not one word about this sheriff's death in the paper today.:Cry:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
**crickets**
The silence in here is deafening.

Thoughts and prayers go out to this Sergeant's family and friends.:(

Just some food for thought, this editorial was in today's Daily News...

But not one word about this sheriff's death in the paper today.:Cry:
It's deafening everywhere. If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't even know about it.

I think all police officers should protest. Go burn down and loot the city. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Robadat

It's deafening everywhere. If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't even know about it.

I think all police officers should protest. Go burn down and loot the city. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Cops protest gun violence by actually doing something about it. They go out and take illegal guns off the streets where they're most likely to kill or injure innocent people.

livespive

Like you have said before, there are go and bad of each......

Although there is a special place in hell for this guy.

Do you have a link?

Like a few said earlier, if not for this thread I would not have known.

My thoughts and prayers do go out to the family as I also have LEOs in the family.

Robadat

Like you have said before, there are go and bad of each......

Although there is a special place in hell for this guy.

Do you have a link?

Like a few said earlier, if not for this thread I would not have known.

My thoughts and prayers do go out to the family as I also have LEOs in the family.
I did a google search for this as I did not see this on any of the Newsites I frequently visit,

only one national news story on this killing,

Southern California sheriff's sergeant shot and killed, suspect arrested

There are a few local news stories from LA available about it...

livespive

I will say that I am glad that he went doing his duty, and not ambushed. I know it doesn't make things any easier, but it can put things into a frame of reference.

Rest In Peace. Sgt. Steve Owen

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY GUYS, AS MOST OF YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT, I AINT REAL BRIGHT. I DONT KLNOW HOW TO POST LINKS. IT WAS ON THE NEWS HERE IN DALLAS AND I LOOKED UP SHERRIFF KILLED IN LANCASTER.
AND ANOTHER TIDBIT. HERE IN DALLAS COULPA NIGHTS AGO, 2 KIDS UNDER 9 SHOT WHILE IN THEIR HOME BY A DRIVE BY SHOOTING. BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD. POLICE SUSPECT IT WAS GANG RELATED. KIDS ARE OK, BUT NOW POLICE SAY MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG HOUSE. GANG "THOUGHT" THEY WERE SHOOTING UP A RIVAL HOUSE. DIDNT SEE 1 BLM MEMBER STANDING THERE GRIPPING ABOUT THE SHOOTING. AND THE FAMILY DIDNT CALL THE BLM FOLKS TO COME HELP, THEY CALLED THE DALLAS POLICE. HHMMM. CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER. POLICE DOING THEIR JOB AND BLM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT BLACK LIVES. WHATS GOING ON?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Abso-fuckin-lutely. And it's disgusting, these asshole fucking politicians are doing everything they can to tear this country apart.
That's the goal. The U.S. was the biggest obstacle to overcome for the new world order. We are now being dismantled and dragged down to a level that can be easily conquered so that the one world government can become a reality.

Robadat

An update to this story on how he was killed.

Sheriff: Los Angeles County Sergeant Shot Execution-Style
A Los Angeles County sheriff's sergeant was the victim of "a calculated execution" by a parolee with a long history of arrests who pumped bullets into his body as he lay wounded, Sheriff Jim McDonnell said Thursday.

Sgt. Steven Owen, 53, was shot Sunday as he responded to a report of a burglary in progress at an apartment building in Lancaster.

Owen went behind the building, where the gunman shot him with a stolen gun then stood over his body and fired four more times, McDonnell said at a news conference.

"He then unsuccessfully searched the body for the sergeant's weapon, with the intent to use it to murder the first responding deputy," the sheriff said.

Trenton Trevon Lovell, 27, of Lancaster was arrested in the killing.

Authorities said he pointed a gun at a deputy who responded and was shot in the shoulder before stealing Owens' patrol car, backing up and ramming another patrol car with it.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/la-sheriffs-sergeant-killed-answering-burglary-call-42607942