Winter comes to an end ... but what is winter in Florida?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Winter 2020 officially comes to an end today (March 20), but another very tame winter season has come and gone in Florida.

Right now, at 7:50 a.m., it's a pleasant 66 degrees, and afternoon highs are forecast for 84. And there have been similar weather conditions for the past two weeks.

By the way, the LOWEST-EVER temperature in Sarasota on ANY March 20 in history was 40 in 1986. Take a look at our long-range forecast, and don't forget: ISN'T IT GREAT IN THE SUNSHINE STATE?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
On the first day of spring, the ALL-TIME low temperature for any March 21sr since Sarasota weather records were first recorded was … 43 in 1916!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Why aren't you at the beach taking pics of all those hotties that refuse to self-quarantine to share with us? Oh right... they might all be contagious.

I dunno, I still think it's worth the risk! :p

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Why aren't you at the beach taking pics of all those hotties that refuse to self-quarantine to share with us? Oh right... they might all be contagious.

I dunno, I still think it's worth the risk!
Dear 9andaWiggle:

The Florida governor has ordered all beaches closed until further notice. Of course, people such as spring breakers don't pay attention.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As winter comes to and end here, we get ready for tornadoes.
Dear Djarum300:

Thankfully, we don't get them every year, but starting in July, Floridians have to keep an eye out for any weather disturbances in the Atlantic that threaten to become hurricanes.

By the way, at 6:45 a.m., it's a comfortable 68 degrees.