57 Yr Old Bares All

MI2AZ

This is from the Harper's article:

She says her love life is in sad shape. "I never get asked out," she says. "It's so stupid. I don't know what to do." As the interview ends, she grabs the reporter's tape recorder: "If there's anybody out there who's an adult and who would like to ask me out, please call Harper's Bazaar."

MI2AZ

MONEY! LOOKS! CAREER! LOOKS! NO DATES!!! I HAVE TO ASK...WHATS WRONG WITH HER?!?!
From the article:

The situation had to do in part with an aneurysm that Stone suffered in 2001 and a subsequent cerebral hemorrhage that lasted nine days. She emerged from the hospital stuttering, limping, and unable to read.

Several days and two angiograms later, Stone was finally diagnosed with a ruptured vertebral artery.

"I was hemorrhaging so much that my brain had been pushed into the front of my face," she says. Surgeons ultimately repaired the artery with 22 platinum coils.

The stroke and its aftermath transformed Stone in ways she's still discovering. "It took two years for my body just to absorb all the internal bleeding I had," she says. "It almost feels like my entire DNA changed. My brain isn't sitting where it used to, my body type changed, and even my food allergies are different." It took months for her to regain feeling in her left leg and years for her vision to return to normal; she also fought to eliminate a persistent stutter. On the plus side, "I became more emotionally intelligent. I chose to work very hard to open up other parts of my mind. Now I'm stronger. And I can be abrasively direct. That scares people, but I think that's not my problem." She laughs. "It's like, I have brain damage; you'll just have to deal with it."