60-year member speaks out on status of modern-day USBC

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
This is a response (regarding the article) from Mike Zink, who just completed a two-year term as president of my local association, by the way ... and pay attention to what he told me ...

[begin quotes from Mr. Zink]

You're absolutely right, most of the non-sanctioned leagues are older retired people that know that the chances of getting their money's worth are slim, and after the 2104-2015 season, that may go for the rest of us, and now USBC wants the local associations to do the awards for them while they're still collecting the $10.00. It's all a money thing with them now, even though they are non-profit, as mentioned in the article (very good by the way), they dug themselves into a hole and want us to get them out of it.

The lifetime award would work if they came up with something REALLY nice that you could add small plates to it afterwards for 11 in a row/300/800. What's worse is that they have eliminated the junior awards completely and after this year, the small adult awards are eliminated. So, you really have to ask yourself, why bother being in USBC? I'm very disappointed in them.

[end Mr. Zink's quotes]

... and again, Mr. Zink is immediate past president of the Sarasota-Manatee County USBC Bowling Association.

Last edited by a moderator: