AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
When a bowler rolls a 900 series, it must not be considered significant news anymore. There is not a word about it on the USBC's bowl.com Web site, and it's tough to find anything about it. Apparently the bowler was Joe Novara, and the score came in East Islip, New York.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Gonna have to start putting more regulation on the equipment and lane prep.
Dear Greg T:

Does it really matter anymore? The scoring levels have gotten so far out of control that high scores don't get much recognition. Time was, when extensive newspaper coverage was given to a bowler rolling a 700 series -- or even a perfect game IN PRACTICE -- and now, even when a bowler rolls a series far over 800 (or perhaps two perfect games in a series), few even take notice.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Does it really matter anymore? The scoring levels have gotten so far out of control that high scores don't get much recognition. Time was, when extensive newspaper coverage was given to a bowler rolling a 700 series -- or even a perfect game IN PRACTICE -- and now, even when a bowler rolls a series far over 800 (or perhaps two perfect games in a series), few even take notice.
Yeah, I remember when an ending average of 190 was a damn good bowler. Something needs to change before the entire sport is ruined.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, I remember when an ending average of 190 was a damn good bowler. Something needs to change before the entire sport is ruined.
Indeed, I carried high average in my association (of nearly 7,000 bowlers) on a number of occasions, yet my high lifetime league average was 199, which is "minor league" by today's standards, even though it was quite impressive back in the day.