A rant

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Ok i will start by saying I am selling my house and close on the 24 of August. Now I had a place set up that I was buying a nice condo and had a signed contract and the fucking people backed out because they got a better offer. Just after I signed the contract on Saturday and yes they also signed it. What kind of fucking people do this. I am so pissed I am steaming. Fucking asshole mother fuckers.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Sometimes these contracts have a buyer's remorse (right to rescind) clause that allows cancellation by either party for a certain amount of days. Sometimes they don't. If the contract has that clause you may be fucked.

Good Times Good Times

Sometimes these contracts have a buyer's remorse (right to rescind) clause that allows cancellation by either party for a certain amount of days. Sometimes they don't. If the contract has that clause you may be fucked.
^^^
This. Check with your realtor/legal council on this. If they are legally bound don't hesitate to press the issue in your favor but if there is some clause that allows them to back out....I'd look for a new realtor/lawyer (especially if they didn't inform you or go over it all with you as this is a pretty relevant detail).

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't think sellers typically have the option to abandon a deal just because they get a better offer. Buyers in some states have a few days to back out.

When my wife was selling real estate she had a deal take place where an offer was accepted by both parties. A 3rd party came along a day late and really wanted the house. They offered something like $10K cash to the 1st buyer to back out of the deal, plus more $ for the seller too. All parties agreed and everyone was happy.

Just saying... there are right ways and wrong ways to do things. I don't see how this is anything legal, unless your state offers zero consumer protections.

Definitely lawyer up. I hope you can stick it in their ass and break it off in 'em for pulling this shit! Good luck to you. Real estate deals are stressful enough when things go well...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IS THE OTHER "BUYER" USING YOUR REALTOR? THAT WOULD MEAN A BIGGER COMMISH FOR THEM, THATS WHY THEY MAY NOT FIGHT. AND G, I DONT THINK BUYERS REMORSE COVERS A BETTER PRICE, ONLY IF THEY DECIDED NOT TO SELL. GOOD LUCK 7PIN. THAT JUST BLOWS IF YOU GET HOSED.

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Well I am fucked and back to looking for a place to live.

My lawyer said that a clause called a 5 day lawyer review is used, and that is what they are using, and its PERFECTLY LEGAL.
He said they are not supposed to use it for finding a better deal but it is very hard to prove in court, and then I put myself and my earnest money in limbo if I want to bring them to court. Not worth it.

Some people are just scum, my realtor is pissed and had some choice words for the other realtor.

And just a week ago I put bid in on a place but my bid was the second bid that day and I did not get the place because they made a VERBAL agreement with the first bidder and stuck to it even tho my bid was higher. That I can respect but these other people make me sick.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT IS CHICKENSHIT 7. HOPE YOU FIND A BETTER PLACE FOR LESS MONEY. GOOD LUCK BROTHER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

My lawyer said that a clause called a 5 day lawyer review is used, and that is what they are using, and its PERFECTLY LEGAL.
He said they are not supposed to use it for finding a better deal but it is very hard to prove in court, and then I put myself and my earnest money in limbo if I want to bring them to court. Not worth it.

Some people are just scum, my realtor is pissed and had some choice words for the other realtor.

And just a week ago I put bid in on a place but my bid was the second bid that day and I did not get the place because they made a VERBAL agreement with the first bidder and stuck to it even tho my bid was higher. That I can respect but these other people make me sick.
You may still have a shot at a civil suit in small claims for a few grand. Right or wrong, legal or not, they fucked you. A good judge would probably award you something. You could try People's Court!

livespive

What's hard to prove?

They are selling so they are making the terms, I could understand if it were the buyer.

Basically you tell the judge to look at the offers. Why would they leave my offer for the offer with more money?

They would have to prove that there is something else.

Your lawyer and relator are putting the screws to you.