A talking dog

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
A man was out for a stroll one day when he saw a dog tied up in front of a house, with a sign next to it that read “Talking Dog for Sale.”

This piqued the man’s curiosity, so he approached the dog and said, “Is this true? You can talk?”

“Yep,” said the dog. The man was impressed. “Tell me more,” he said.

“Well, I discovered my gift pretty young,” said the dog. “I wanted to serve my country, so I went to the CIA and told them about my ability, and soon they had me jetting all over the world, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, none whom ever suspected what I was up to. I was one of the agency’s most valuable spies eight years running. But all that jetting around really wore me out, and I wanted to settle down, so I took a job at the airport doing undercover security work, wandering near suspicious characters and eavesdropping on their conversations. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a bunch of medals. Then I got me a wife, and we raised a litter of puppies, and now I’m retired.”

The man was astounded. He went to the front door of the house and rang the doorbell, and asked the owner how much he wanted for the dog.

“Ten dollars,” said the owner.

“But this dog is amazing!” said the m
an. “Why on earth would you sell him so cheap?”

“Because he’s a liar,” said the owner. “He didn’t really do any of that crap.”