Activist Judge? How about idiot judge.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Those kids will emerge as hardened criminals. We have a juvy center here and it is nearly as bad as max sec prison. That judge is a cunt.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
WTF? What point does this prove? Lets ignore why they were in contempt of court for a second. That sentencing, even for an an adult, is beyond normal sentencing for contempt of court. For the 11 year old, that would be 7 years in prison. Typically, the period ends once the individual does what the court asks.

Now, getting to the fact that these are minors, I don't know how the legal system allows this to happen. They aren't adults. And for the most part, this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. Most children wouldn't have the first concept of what being in contempt of court is.

I also don't get what the judge is trying to accomplish. How does this get the kids to agree to spend time with their father? Wouldn't a more pragmatic approach is to order the children to counseling to figure out why they don't want to spend time with their dad? Maybe start off with supervised visits first?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Sounded like the judge was angry their mother put them up to it and supported their defying the court order. I guess this was how to get the kids taken away from her to punish her?

Women do it all the time... seen it time and again in split families. They use the kids to get revenge on the ex, with little or no regard for how her actions may negatively affect them.

Robadat

This is wrong on so many levels.
First, you can't "order" anyone to have a specific relationship with another person. You can't tell a person who they should like or dislike, that only comes from their own interactions with the person.

Second, if anyone should have been held accountable, it should have been the mother who gets called on the carpet for not producing the kids at the scheduled supervised visit session. At most, the judge should have threatened to remove the children from the home and placed in foster care if she further refuses to comply with the provisions of the supervised visitation order.

Third, the emotional trauma caused to these kids by being taken away from their mother and placed in what is essentially "jail" will be something they may never get over. They'll never trust a person in authority again.

Fourth, the primary concern for the Judge is the wellbeing of the kids. Tossing them in jail is never in their or anyone else's best interests.

I'm amazed that no one has appealed this Judge's rulings, including the Lawyers appointed to represent each of the kids. They should have gone straight to the Admin Judge of the Court directly from that hearing and then off to Appellate Court for an injunction if he refused to intervene. no way in hell should those kids have been sent to Juvie Hall.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Transcript:http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wjbk/pdf/tsimhoni_kids_sent_to_jail.pdf

How can a judge order a "relationship" between a child and parent? I'm not getting that at all. And if you read the transcript, the lawyer of the mother says shes talked to the children and the judge recognizes that. At the same time, reading through it, it is apparent that these kids do not have their own lawyer, and in fact the lawyer is only really representing the mother. I do not understand why child services did not provide a lawyer to represent these kids.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
It also appears that the kid witnessed the father hitting the mother. It appears that the visits would be supervised, however, the kid is so traumatized he'd rather go to juvie than deal with a father he witnessed hit his mother. Just after more reading, the lawyer does appear to be the one to represent the kid, but it doesn't appear that he's doing a good job at all.

Robadat