Anti-Discrimination laws need expanded

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
To protect political party affiliation from discriminatory actions (such as retaliatory firings for making contributions to a certain political party, exercising 1st amendment rights outside of work, or any other activity that is perfectly legal but not supported by ideological groups/media/company).

Thoughts?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
GFL with that. Many companies can fire in at will states for you doing something public that might make the company look bad.

In some ways I'm ok with that. I'd rather work for a company that supports My ideals than not.

Companies nare firing employees for not taking CRT training.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE WITH DJ FOR THE MOST PART. IN THE PAST, I HAVE WORKED FOR COMPANIES THAT WAITED TO FIRE SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING STUPID JUST BECAUSE THE BOSS DIDNT LIKE HIM. IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALOT, NO MATER WHETHER THEY ARE A GOOD WORKER OR NOT. DONATING OR PROCLAIMING TO BE FOR A CERTAIN THING IS NO DIFFERENT THAN WEARING DIRTY CLOTHES, NOT WASHING YOUR HAIR, DRIVING A PIECE OF SHIT CAR AND ON AND ON. SO IF HAVING CONSERVATIVE VIEWS GOES AGAINST THE GRAIN OF THE COMPANY, AS LONG AS YOUR GOOD AT AND DOING YOUR JOB FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE COMPANY, YOUR JOB SHOULD BE SAFE.

BUT I HAVE ALSO WORKED AROUND FOLKS WHO WERE INTO THINGS MOST HUMAN BEINGS ARE'NT INTO. SO THEY JUST KEPT QUIET ABOUT IT. BUT, IF YOUR GOING TO BE BOISTEROUS ABOUT YOUR OUTSIDE WORK ACTIVITIES, KNOWING HOW UPPER MANAGEMENT FEELS ABOUT SUCH THINGS, THEN YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. MAY NOT BE A GOOD EXAMPLE, BUT, TELL YOUR BOSS HIS WIFE IS THE HOTTEST BABE YOU HAVE EVER LAID YOUR EYES ON AND CANT BELIEVE SHE IS WITH HIM. IS THERE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE IN BEING A CONSERVATIVE IN A LIBERAL WORKING ATMOSPHERE? SHOULD YOU BE FIRED FOR EITHER? SHOULDER SHRUG EMOJI

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I think maybe the point here is that, for example, public officials or public donating money to causes (such as Kyle Rittenhouse). I saw where a Richmond police officer was fire for making what he thought would be an anonymous donation when the website got hacked.

Federal contractors and employees are in many cases restricted on donations and or public marches or protests.

This is why many public officials donate to groups that support many groups or organizations, so that no one can call them out on something specific.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You're probably right. Conservatives don't deserve jobs unless they keep their stupid mouths shut!

Meanwhile their liberal co-workers are free to do and say whatever their little "woke" hearts desire when and where they please.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
You're probably right. Conservatives don't deserve jobs unless they keep their stupid mouths shut!

Meanwhile their liberal co-workers are free to do and say whatever their little "woke" hearts desire when and where they please.
That's going to depend on the employer. A Christian company might not have a problem with an employee at a pro life rally where a liberal company would.

Sadly, we will eventually have two economies.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GONNA DO WHAT THEIR GONNA DO. THEN THEY MAY TRY AND FIGURE OUT A WAY TO WORK AROUND WHAT THEY WANT TO DO IF ITS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY OR COMPANY BELIEFS. FOR MOST PEOPLE HAVING AND KEEPING A "GOOD" JOB IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT THEY REALLY BELIEVE.