Arrival of March to being 80+ temperatures

Robadat

Weather around NYC is still a bit on the cold side...27 with a low of 16 tonite. 10 day forecast shows only a couple of more nights with lows in the teens and most daytime highs getting in the mid thirties after the weekend. And oh, yea, another winter storm system bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain Sunday nite into Monday morning. Spring can't get here soon enough...

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
27 today, back sub zero tonight and single digit most of next week.

Spider

Ran the snowblower two days in a row. Tuesday looking sloppy too.

Robadat

Spider Man said:
Ran the snowblower two days in a row. Tuesday looking sloppy too.
Got about 5" of light, fluffy powder yesterday, no ice or rain as forecast, no problem cleaning up, temp now in mid thirties...
Forecast less than an inch for tomorrow, rain on Wednesday with temps between 40 - 45...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We're at 23° today and bright sunshine. I'm actually going to take a walk later today....outside even!!!!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
It's exactly 80 degrees outside right now, on its way up to 82 or 83, with a low tonight forecast at a mild 65. Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

And you wonder why people don't like you. How small-minded and egotistical do you have to be to broadcast things like this to people who are dealing with and still in the midst of winter snow? I am lucky enough to live in an area that also isn't effected by the winter storms, but you don't see me starting threads bragging about it. Are you really this much of a douchebag?!?

Robadat

When it's summer in FL with 90+ degree temps and 90% humidity, those of us in cooler, drier climes can brag we don't NEED 24/7 AC in our homes and vehicles just to survive not melting... :)

MI2AZ

Any chance he is doing that with a feeling of light-heartedness? In a joking manner?

MI2,
Having lived in the Northeast, and in Canada, I have dealt with my fair share of snow....inlcuidng living through 2 "Blizzards of the Century". When you are digging out from 12, 15, 24+ inches of snow...the very last thing you want to hear about is someone talking about how warm it is where they are, joking or not. It's a douchebag move regardless of the intent.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Jorge 300 said:
MI2,
Having lived in the Northeast, and in Canada, I have dealt with my fair share of snow....inlcuidng living through 2 "Blizzards of the Century". When you are digging out from 12, 15, 24+ inches of snow...the very last thing you want to hear about is someone talking about how warm it is where they are, joking or not. It's a douchebag move regardless of the intent.
I have to semi-agree with this. I can see the humor in someone sitting with a cold drink and AC on while needling someone dressed in a parka, but the seriousness of the winter this year up here is no laughing matter. Especially when 1/3 of our power plant went out and for 4 days we had to live in sub zero weather while our power cycled 2 hours on - 6 hours off. The average temps in our homes those 4 days was about 46°.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
We hit mid 70s here in n. Alabama and now I'm at home during an ice storm. Hope power holds out.

MI2AZ

Greg T said:
Jorge 300 said:
MI2,
I have to semi-agree with this. I can see the humor in someone sitting with a cold drink and AC on while needling someone dressed in a parka, but the seriousness of the winter this year up here is no laughing matter. Especially when 1/3 of our power plant went out and for 4 days we had to live in sub zero weather while our power cycled 2 hours on - 6 hours off. The average temps in our homes those 4 days was about 46°.
Jorge and Greg,

I understand. I lived in Mich for many years and still have relatives in that part of the country.

Some people while trying to be funny or humorous, come across as insensitive to others sometimes inadvertantly, especially by electronic means (email, web sites, forums, etc). I can't speak for his intent here, but I wanted to just try to present another view for his posts. Of course, he is old enough to have learned by now, so...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
All is good, MI. Sometimes people don't realize another person's pain. This weather is much to me than cold. My body is riddled with arthritis and my wife suffers from fibromyalgia. The cold weather puts us in pain beyond belief, so when someone makes light of that we get a little defensive. When I come off as cranky I don't mean anything by it. It's just my way of coping. Anyhow, that's what this forum is all about. This is where we can disagree, fight and argue and it's still all good!!!

Robadat

One of the biggest problems with the written word is you don't see the emotion of the person writing. Oftimes it comes across totally different than what is meant because you don't get to see the look on the other person's mug when they're writing it.
I don't know the purpose for Bill's fair weather posts while many of us are going thru this brutal winter, but I'll assume he means to bring a bit of levity to the posts here. I just look at them as knowing our weather will soon be similar to his, just got to tough out the last of this winter.
Except for Greg, his winters in the UP last till Memorial Day... :)

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
To all:
If you don't want to see the 10-day weather forecast for my neck of the woods, DON'T CLICK THIS LINK ...
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/34238:4:US
... and I can assure everyone that I sympathize with those who may be suffering with extreme winter conditions. I know first-hand how such situations can be, having spent many of my younger days in Illinois, Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. I've been in Colorado when it dropped to 60 BELOW one night, and my decision to move to Florida came when it snowed on June 6, 1966, in Casper, Wyo.