Article: Biden gets COVID, exposing huge double standard

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
President Joe Biden has tested positive for COVID. We should all hope the president has an easy time. We should not ask for media nastiness and/or glee.

But this presents an obvious occasion to remember just how the "objective" press made a frenetic, mean-spirited and hyperbolic mess out of former President Donald Trump's bout with the virus, which was announced on Oct. 2, 2020. In their ardor to get Trump removed from office, they couldn't imagine acting with decency or restraint.

First and foremost, cable news channels couldn't pause for a day or two from their routine smear that Trump was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands. Take ex-GOP strategist Rick Tyler on Al Sharpton's show on MSNBC: "I look at this as a drunk driver who injured himself in a wreck, and killed the oncoming sober driver. Donald Trump has injured himself ... and 200,000 people, other drivers, have died due to the coronavirus."

After Trump was infected, CNN analyst Carl Bernstein just doubled down that "his response has been homicidal negligence." CNN brought on then-Washington Post opinion editor David Swerdlick, who couldn't get rid of Trump fast enough: "President Trump is the president until at least Jan. 20 at noon, and every day, people's lives are in the balance."

So let's just lay out the numbers again. When Trump left office, we had lost about 400,000 Americans to COVID. Since then, under Biden, the death toll is now 1.02 million. But the media blamed Trump for every single death on his watch -- and Biden was assigned zero blame for anyone's demise.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Well, most of the time I like to wish people the best whenever adversity strikes. I thinks humans need all possible chances to survive. However, I also have a side to me that wishes vengeance on the deserved. Joe has been a crooked liar his entire life. Graduated at the top of his class? No, near the very bottom. Three degrees? No, barely achieved one. Full scholarship? Uh Uh. Knows nothing about Hunter's deals? Nope, he's a partner. Take the vaccine and you can't get infected? Well, we know about that. The vaxx is safe? Wrong again, pal. It's with all honesty I say this. I hope that motherfucker dies!!