Article: CNN's Anderson Cooper attacks the middle class

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Fake-news CNN host Anderson Cooper took an insensitive slap at ordinary Americans last week. Speaking about Trump supporters who gathered in Washington, Cooper sneered: "they’re going to go back, you know, to the Olive Garden and to the Holiday Inn they’re staying at, and the Garden Marriott, and they’re going to have some drinks and they're going to talk about the great day they had in Washington."

His attempt at a put-down was pathetic. Olive Garden and the hotels to which he referred are among the most-popular in America, and hid his statement illustrates why so many distrust the fake-news lamestream media.

Anderson Cooper Attacks Middle Class in Coverage of US Capitol Riot

By Leah Barkoukis

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper put his elitism on full display this week in his coverage of the U.S. Capitol riots, mocking pro-Trump protesters for where they may be dining and sleeping after the demonstration.

"Look at them, they’re high-fiving each other for this deplorable display of completely unpatriotic, completely against law and order, completely unconstitutional behavior, it’s stunning," he said. "And they’re going to go back, you know, to the Olive Garden and to the Holiday Inn they’re staying at, and the Garden Marriott, and they’re going to have some drinks and they're going to talk about the great day they had in Washington.”

He continued: “They stood up for nothing other than mayhem."

As Dave Rubin pointed out, Cooper is worth tens of millions. Others called him out for his classism.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The point I think he was trying to make was that he felt like these people aren't oppressed like minorities are with the police. He is in essence criticizing their cause.

He missed the mark. People were down there at the rally because they felt their vote was "oppressed", their livelyhood has been "oppressed", and their 2a has been "oppressed'.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
He missed the mark. People were down there at the rally because they felt their vote was "oppressed", their livelyhood has been "oppressed", and their 2a has been "oppressed'.
... and if those things haven't been "oppressed" enough so far, they soon will be, BIG-TIME!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
CAN SOMEONE HIGHLITE WHERE HE SLAMMED ANYBODY FOR STAYING AT OR EATING AT THOSE PLACES? SEEMS LIKE SOME FOLKS ARE INTERPRETING HIS STATEMENT THE WAY THEY WANT TO. PROBABLY NOT THE WAY HE MEANT IT, WHICH I THINK DJ POINTED OUT. LOOKS LIKE HE JUST GAVE FREE ADVERTISEMENT TO OLIVE GARDEN, HOLIDAY INN AND GARDEN MARRIOTT.

DJ ALSO GOT IT RIGHT THAT THEY WERE THERE AT A RALLY TO PROTEST THE ISSUES AT HAND. BUT ONCE THEY STORMED THE CAPITOL, THAT ALL CHANGED. THATS WHAT COOPER WAS TALKING ABOUT, NOT WHEN THEY WERE BEING PEACEFUL. ONCE THEY ENETRED THE BUILDING, HE WAS ABSOLUTLY RIGHT, THEY STOOD FOR NOTHING OTHER THAN MAYHEM.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
CAN SOMEONE HIGHLITE WHERE HE SLAMMED ANYBODY FOR STAYING AT OR EATING AT THOSE PLACES? SEEMS LIKE SOME FOLKS ARE INTERPRETING HIS STATEMENT THE WAY THEY WANT TO. PROBABLY NOT THE WAY HE MEANT IT, WHICH I THINK DJ POINTED OUT. LOOKS LIKE HE JUST GAVE FREE ADVERTISEMENT TO OLIVE GARDEN, HOLIDAY INN AND GARDEN MARRIOTT.

DJ ALSO GOT IT RIGHT THAT THEY WERE THERE AT A RALLY TO PROTEST THE ISSUES AT HAND. BUT ONCE THEY STORMED THE CAPITOL, THAT ALL CHANGED. THATS WHAT COOPER WAS TALKING ABOUT, NOT WHEN THEY WERE BEING PEACEFUL. ONCE THEY ENETRED THE BUILDING, HE WAS ABSOLUTLY RIGHT, THEY STOOD FOR NOTHING OTHER THAN MAYHEM.
He was NOT criticizing the rioters. The scene that was being played were just protestors outside of capitol hill. They could have rolled that footage and maybe his point would have been better. He has no credibility unless someone can show me footage of him criticizing;

Chaz
DC burning
Antifa going over whitehouse walls
Minneapolis burning
Kenosha burning
LA burning
Portland Burning

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SLOW DOWN DJ. YOUR SLAMMING COOPER BECAUSE HIS PRODUCER PUT UP A CLIP THAT DIDNT MATCH COOPERS TALKING POINTS. YEAH, THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
SLOW DOWN DJ. YOUR SLAMMING COOPER BECAUSE HIS PRODUCER PUT UP A CLIP THAT DIDNT MATCH COOPERS TALKING POINTS. YEAH, THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
Just like the chyron of mostly peaceful protests while the building is burning in the background? Yeah....

Another take is that these people are rioting to protect their livelyhood. I don't think they want to be lectured by a Vanderbilt.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS EASY. DONT WATCH. BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO WATCH, AND DONT LIKE THE OUTCOME, THATS ALL ON YOU. NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYBODY ELSE DOING THEIR JOB. I CANT TELL YOU, 1OO'S, HOW MANY TIMES I HAD TO ALTER ARCHITECTURAL DRAWINGS ON SITE BECAUSE SOME, UM UM GENTLEMAN, DOESNT KNOW THE ELECTRICAL CODES. OR PLUMBING OR HVAC. NOT ANYBODY IS RIGHT 100% OF THE TIME. NOW THAT YOU HAVE THAT FEELING ABOUT COOPER, GUESS YOU WONT BE WATCHING ANYMORE. :Thumbsup:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
NOT ANYBODY IS RIGHT 100% OF THE TIME.
Dear WAMO:

True enough. Even Rush Limbaugh myself aren't right 100% of the time, but as we both claim, we're right 99.4% of the time. To be totally accurate, I should change my screen name to NearlyAlwaysWrite.