Aspirin Use To Fight A Form Of Cancer?

I took aspirin for years. Two years ago the Dr put me on a prescription drug called Xarletro because of my heart fibrillation. Retails for $10 per pill or $300 a month if a person doesn't have insurance.

Now since I am once again taking chemo and the type I am taking says not to use blood thinners with this type chemo, the Dr has put me back on aspirin until I am off the chemo.

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Thanks for that info. Cancer runs strong in my family... Colorectal got my grandpa and his son (mom's brother), lung got my mom and one of my aunts on dad's side. Pancreatic cancer got both my dad and his dad.

Basically, I get to look forward to my guts rotting out... somewhere around age of 63-67. :Frown:

Every one of them went through basically the same routine... chemo, radiation, surgery in 3 cases, then gone in 12-18 months. :Frown: I hate that fucking disease. :mad:

Thanks for that info. Cancer runs strong in my family... Colorectal got my grandpa and his son (mom's brother), lung got my mom and one of my aunts on dad's side. Pancreatic cancer got both my dad and his dad.

Basically, I get to look forward to my guts rotting out... somewhere around age of 63-67. :Frown:

Every one of them went through basically the same routine... chemo, radiation, surgery in 3 cases, then gone in 12-18 months. :Frown: I hate that fucking disease. :mad:
I lost my Mother & Sister to cancer. My Brother recently died and he had both emphysema and lung cancer. I have stage IV cancer. I had surgery for rectal cancer in 2012. 6 weeks of daily chemo and 6 weeks of daily radiation prior to surgery leaving me with only 1 1/4" of my rectum left. I was hospitalized for 23 days...5 days after surgery and 18 days a week later for complications from the surgery. Then 4 more months of chemo after surgery. Liver cancer was also discovered as well as spots on my lungs. 14 months later surgery for 2 fractured vertebrae in my back. Meanwhile the growth of present cancer seemed to be under control. Then approx 9 months ago, it appeared the cancer was no longer under control. Blood tests every 2-3 months showed it getting stronger. 7 weeks ago, they put me back on chemo again... pills this time. Then 3+ weeks ago, surgery for another fractured vertebrae, so now out of bowling until Oct 27 an then limited to 12# balls. Dr says I have 2 more vertebrae that will probably need fixed but can't fix them until they get worse.

It never ends ... if it isn't cancer or COPD of which I was diagnosed with a year ago or back surgery, it seems it is something else, thus makes a person wonder what's next.

Sorry for the rant here. I need to be thankful and I am thankful, that I am still going and not dead nor bed ridden 3+ years later after being diagnosed with stage IV cancer.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
No worries about the rant. Sometimes it's good to let it go so you don't dwell on it.

3 years at stage IV... wow. You're a hell of a fighter Brick! Keep fighting! :Thumbsup: