Australia Open

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I don't follow tennis much, but this BS with Djokavic is a joke. Australia can suck it. He had covid. If he's not there, the winner gets a trophy knowing btye best wasn't there. I also think Tennis needs him more than he needs the Australian open.

And some ESPN analyst said all the players got vaccinated so they can play. That's not the issue. Players should have their own bodily Autonomy.

If I was him, I'd just refuse to play anyways.

I thought I read that part of his problems is that he lied on his visa form, stating that he had not been out of his country for 14 days, yet there are photos of him in two or three countries in that time frame. Fucked up deal all the way around. He's the defending champion, and #1 in the world.

"He also admitted his declaration form falsely claimed he had not travelled in the 14 days prior to his trip to Australia, which he attributed to a mistake from his agent."
I saw this in an article. Whenever I've traveled overseas, and fill out a declaration form, I have to sign it. Maybe in his world, his "agent" does it for him, and he just signs it. Either way, you're responsible for what you sign.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
"He also admitted his declaration form falsely claimed he had not travelled in the 14 days prior to his trip to Australia, which he attributed to a mistake from his agent."
I saw this in an article. Whenever I've traveled overseas, and fill out a declaration form, I have to sign it. Maybe in his world, his "agent" does it for him, and he just signs it. Either way, you're responsible for what you sign.
Maybe the case, but why should Australia care if he was outside the country? Because he's killing grandma? I don't know anything about international travel, but it's obvious that Australia is wanting to make some sort of political point here. If I were him, I'd say eff it and move on. Just as the NBA lost ratings over it's BS, so can Tennis.

Maybe the case, but why should Australia care if he was outside the country? Because he's killing grandma? I don't know anything about internatio
In the late 80's, I was backpacking for six month through Europe and the Middle East. I was told that I needed an International health card, showing I'd had a Yellow Fever or something like that shot, before I could enter. I called the Egyptian Consulate and asked them about it. They said that I could be refused entry if I didn't present that card. I ended up having to go to the health department in Tulsa, to get several shots before that trip. I was NEVER asked to show it anywhere. Point is, if a country has certain requirments, no matter how silly we may think they are, they can refuse to give you entry.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
In the late 80's, I was backpacking for six month through Europe and the Middle East. I was told that I needed an International health card, showing I'd had a Yellow Fever or something like that shot, before I could enter. I called the Egyptian Consulate and asked them about it. They said that I could be refused entry if I didn't present that card. I ended up having to go to the health department in Tulsa, to get several shots before that trip. I was NEVER asked to show it anywhere. Point is, if a country has certain requirments, no matter how silly we may think they are, they can refuse to give you entry.
And that's fine. That should be worked out between the tennis organization ahead of time. Exemptions are made all the time for athletic events when it comes to vaccines as well. (Olympics, for example). He should have just stayed home them. I'm sure the tennis organization told him there would be an exemption, why else would he have come?

I agree. It should have all been worked out as far as Covid. All should have been cleared well before making plans to go. Not sure how the other thing about not disclosing the stuff on the visa form plays into this.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Just reading more in this, Tennis Australia and the state gave him an exemption. The federal government got involved however (visas are handled there anyway). I guess he and his agents thought he was good.

The real reason from conspiracy theories is that the federal government doesn't want his presence exciting anti vax sentiment.